MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
bates exercise using chart. clear zone or blur zone ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bates exercise using chart. clear zone or blur zone ?
Hi,

when I do the exercise using snellen or any letter chart ,
shall I use it in my eyes clear zone (which is very close for me, about 12-16 cm)
or blur zone?
Tnx
Dear Friend,
Subject: Bates intention is getting the kids to read their Snellen -- from the 1913 study.

It was Dr. Bates intention that the kids use the Snellen to confirm their results. These
kids had 20/50 to 20/70, so they could monitor their chart, as they worked to
clear it. At 20/70 they could STILL function with no minus lens. It was obviously
Dr. Bate's intention that these kids, in clearing their Snellen NEVER wear a minus lens.

I don't know if you have a minus lens, or what your status is, so I can't make any
recommendation.

Best,

Otis
Many people underestimate the importance of using it in their clear zone and opt only for using it just into their blur zone, with the idea that they're gently pushing their limits. Do both, but how you do it kind of depends on what exercise you're doing. Generally it's a good idea to alternate back and forth. The idea is to get yourself to see that you don't have to do anything different to see in the distance vs. close up.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hey Otis,
Sorry I really don't know what you meant in your reply. I'm myopic ,my snellen reading is about 3/200 now and of course I never wear glasses when I'm doing the Bates method.

David,
thanks for your reply.Currently most of what I do is blur zone. I think I will add more exercise in my clear zone.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download