MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Any Advice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Advice?
These days, i am struggling to progress with the bates method. I see clear flashes come and go, but no change in my eyesight. I am trying to be patient, yet God is giving me no signs of improvement. I go on.

I want to achieve this badly. I am trying my best - giving up spare time to research the bates method and sorts - while trying to learn as much as i can about it. I dont want to give up because i know i can do it. I've seen other people suceed in doing so. Some of the success stories have inspired me - Like Ridley's - because his story is so similar to mine.

But i dont know what to do now.. Should i go on? Can somebody encourage me to? My hopes to restore my eyesight is dropping each day, although i am doing what i can do.

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me what to do next... Any advice?

Thanks for reading. Smile
It's kind of hard to suggest what to do until you tell us what you're doing now. What exercises are you doing, and for how long each day? Can you describe how you're doing them?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi Harold,

Perhaps try to find someone (friend or relative) to share the method with. By teaching them what you know, you may gain a better understanding of what you will help you to succeed.

Just a tip, when telling others, don't go into the theory or lots of details. People learn best from their own experience, so start by having them demonstrate the principles (see Bates's demonstrate cards at the beginning of every magazine). After success with demonstrating it to themselves, then they just might (still a low chance in my experience) be motivated enough to follow teh method with you and learn more.

you can buy an edited hard copy of the magazines from Thomas Quackenbush, buy a complete pdf from David, or see most of them free on central-fixation.com

Cheers,
Sorrisi
Thanks Sorrisiblue for the advice Smile I will probaly tell one of my friends and help him. Learn from each other's expriences.

David Wrote:It's kind of hard to suggest what to do until you tell us what you're doing now. What exercises are you doing, and for how long each day? Can you describe how you're doing them?

Dave

Well, basically i do Shifting, Long Swing and palming (sometimes). These days have been hard to long swing during the morning and throughout the day because its too dark to. I think i should do more swining these days since i only long swing at night Sad (i swing in a room but then there is no illusion of opposite movement since its too dark outside the window)

I do shifting throughout the whole day - on everyday objects close and far. I am trying to get into a habit of shifting when ignoring the eye.

Anything else (other exercises,etc) you guys recommend? Thanks for reading Wink
It's more helpful to describe how you're actually doing them. See here:

http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...?f=1&t=606

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
90% of what i normally do is shifting on objects, no snellen. the other 10 % is swinging and palming. What other methods can you guys recommend us to do ?
http://www.iblindness.org/community/viewforum.php?f=5
Site Administrator

Dear Harold,

- Don't think that you are going to see with you eyes. You will see and feel the image on your forehead.
- Don't hurry to see, seeing is a state of being of calmness, so you have to be a calm person to have perfect vision.
- Allow your vision to be blurry, don't reject it.
- Swinging and Shifting is of great value to calm the mind down and improve imagination.
- Notice everything around you, just notice, no trying.
- See if you can pretend that you are "hearing" with your eyes!!! to bring effortless seeing to your eyes.

Hope these help you.
Elias
Thanks elias for those advices =) i really appreciate it. Smile

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download