MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
CRT vs. LCD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRT vs. LCD
Hi, this was buried in my last post and I thought I would start it as a new topic. I don't have clear flashes when watching my crt tv but I do when looking at any flat screen tv or monitor. What does happen with the crt tv, if I am having a good day, is I see a small area clearly but the rest a blur eg watching heroes, one word in hiro's subtitles jumps out... but his face will be a blur. I won't know which character is on screen until they speak so it's amazing when a word or part of the background stands out! However, lcd tvs and monitors are different. When I first glance at them everything is a blur but after a few moments everything comes into focus! Emails, word docs, the lot. It lasts until i blink then I have to wait for it to happen again and it does. It's intermittent but it's progress. Just wondering whether the curvature of the glass on the crt tv is the reason for the difference in vision?
When I use the new flat thin screen monitor and tv it hurts my eyes.
Seems to be missing demension...
I am ok with the old curved plain monitors and tv.
clarknight Wrote:When I use the new flat thin screen monitor and tv it hurts my eyes.
Seems to be missing demension...
I am ok with the old curved plain monitors and tv.
Demension? ???

TFTs hurt my eyes too. Weird color spectrum, strange color shifting, insane brightness. I dont understand how other people can use them at all.. but then I suppose it could have something to do with the fact that I'm quite myopic and astigmatic. Smile

As for CRT maybe the focus is different because of the curvature or something else. When reading text focus is far behind the actual surface. Like looking at them stereoscopic images.
lcd hurts my eyes but i think , a monitor doesnt hurts eyes Big Grin
Im siitng with computer quite 5 hours every day or more and i think my vision get improve.
Hello everybody!
One thing you can do is to turn off the antialiasing(or cleartype as sometimes used with lcd screens) of the fonts on your screen.
The antialiasing are the grey pixels around the fonts on your screen.
Search for it on google if you Want to know more about it!
To turn it off, right-click on your Windows desktop, go where you go to change your wallpaper, go in the Appearence tab, click on effects, read the dialog and you will see it.

It make your writings looks better but it also make them a lot more blurry.

I suggest you to find a font that you will like for your web browser, just in case that you would find ugly the non-improved fonts.

I prefer to not have this because it will make your fonts appear as on real paper, not blurry.

So, try for you and have a nice day!
Aren't CRT's the ones that have shaky screens when you see them on the TV.... like lines going down continuously?

I don't think that can be to good for your eyes..... LCD I'm not sure..... but I should get some anti-glare or something

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now