MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
''instantly-improved eyesight after drinking camu camu.''

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
''instantly-improved eyesight after drinking camu camu.''
Just stumbled across a natural health news article where he mentions eyesight. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.naturalnews.com/025537.html">http://www.naturalnews.com/025537.html</a><!-- m -->

Anyway
I havent read all of the bates method, but in the 1930s, did he touch much upon dietary habits ? Things have changed a lot since he was writing. I own his 800 page magazine collection, but just browse through it.

I suppose it is slightly theoretically possible that diet could affect our eyesight, but if I walk down the street, I try and look for people who dont wear eyeglasses, and ask myself what are they doing that I am not ? Also, the other side of the argument is, lots of people in society dont need glasses but dont eat healthy, so maybe there isnt any connection.I could walk into any mcdonalds and see people without glasses, so maybe its not about nutrition. But, we'll be fooling ourselves if we think we can eat as much junk as possible and still expect good eyesight.
Interestingly, I find the same thing you do to be true. I think diet has almost nothing to do with eyesight, from personal experience as well as observation of others. This to me is encouraging though, because if sight relied on diet, just imagine how stressful that would be! Thankfully, sight relies on the state of mind rather than food intake.
Whohlme Wrote:This to me is encouraging though, because if sight relied on diet, just imagine how stressful that would be! Thankfully, sight relies on the state of mind rather than food intake.

That's what I like to say about making an effort to see / straining the eyes when your vision is blurry. Would you have seeing take this much effort and be this uncomfortable just to bring something into focus? Or would you rather be completely at ease and focusing to take no strain at all?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now