MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Can viewing 3D stereograms be an exercise?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can viewing 3D stereograms be an exercise?
I was just thinking as I can't see far, that means my eyes are not good in diverging. Then vieweing the 3d Stereograms with paralel viewing should be a good exercise.
I also find these activities very relaxing and calming so it may help in that way, and by building up imaginantion also.
My adding to just viewing it (I found it very easy now)is to do some excercise like this:
1. look into 3d and the look into a close point, and do this for about 20-30 times per session.
2. there are some 3d images with circles and infinity sign poping up, whose tracing is good for healing astigmatism. so if you diverge eyes for 3d image and then do the tracing that might mean the tracing is actually position on a specific distance.
3. it possibly strengthentens mind-eyes link

here are some links I enjoyed images viewing
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm">http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.colorstereo.com/">http://www.colorstereo.com/</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.custom-stereograms.com/html/galleries.html">http://www.custom-stereograms.com/html/galleries.html</a><!-- m -->

Initially, I could see 3D images only by converging, and that was easy for me as I am nearsighted. Then I read you can see them by diverging, when image is then poping up in opposite direction, towards you, and I put myself in practice as I found it very interesting and challenging. Now I am good in both, although it did not fix my vision, but I am thinking it might help with the type of exercising I described above and bring more movement into my eyes.

In this sense can also be helpful for prevention of children's vision and is fun.

Any thoughts and suggestions on this?

Thanks!
i red someone in poland when he was looking on strereograms after that he had clearflash around.
Him the eyesight little increase
No staring!
That sounds like a fun exercise! Smile I know how to see a stereogram with convergence, but how would you use divergence? Would you hold the stereogram at a distance first and then draw it nearer?

Summon-pretty-face,

this is how you learn to see the the stereograms by diverging:

you put the picture on your now and look into distance. let your eye being positioned like looking into distance and out the sheet of paper (picture) - or if you are looking inot a screen put your nose close to the screen, even touching it. And slowly start moving your head further from the picture and eyes still looking into distance but mentaly becoming aware of the picture on your sheet of paper or screen.

it needs a bit of practice, but when you master it then you do some of bates exercises.
OK, since the question has been stated here on front of you, the answer has poped-up in front of my eyes. I found it in a book "Use Your Own Eyes" by William B. MacCracken, M. D. on Dr.Bates' web site.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.central-fixation.com/use-your-own-eyes/">http://www.central-fixation.com/use-your-own-eyes/</a><!-- m -->

It looks like stereograms are good exercise for astigmatism, which is exactly my biggest problem.
Here is the extract from it that relates to what kind of exercise can be done once you are able to fuse the two pictures.

In addition, just to inform you that I tried it and since yesterday when I red I am constanlty doing it, and looks like it is helping me. But I am really enjoying and feel the good streching of muscles, like I really needed this.
Does anyone feel the same.

"The set of stereoscopic pictures is made for the purpose of encouraging eyes which do not focus in a normal manner, to become interested in an objective way. The proper way to practice with them is to use only the plain glasses furnished with the stereoscope. There should be no effort to make the eyes fuse the two pictures into one. With the eyes blinking softly at the pictures as they are seen, the card should be moved slowly back and forth on the slide. The pictures will endeavor to fuse, no matter how imperfect the fusing powers of the eyes are, if the mind is attentive and not concerned. If necessary, it is helpful for the mind to be made to visualize what the picture is when correctly fused. Seeing a parrot perched quietly on nothing but air is not startling; nor looking at a cage hanging without any support. But when they are seen on the same card, the memory and the imagination soon become so conscious of "what is wrong with the picture" that the fusion center receives an impulse. If the mind strains, consciously, it hinders the automatic readjustment. If it waits confidently, and prevents any other thought from distracting a perfect attention, the co-operation of the powers of the mind and the fusion center will result in a perfect conception. This may occur promptly, or only after a series of trials. It is quite common for eyes with good vision to fail to fuse some pictures and succeed with others. The parrot, for instance, may go into the cage perfectly, and then move in and out, and possibly conclude by staying out."

For anyone with astigmatism I am recommending to read the whole chapter. I also tried tracing the while line betweem the text, especially small print, and looks like it is helping.

Cheesr!

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now