MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Astigmatizzy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astigmatizzy
I read somewhere on the site that Bates method would help clear near-sightedness, far-sightedness and astigmatism.

Well, from what I know about Astigmatism (I suffer from it), it means that either your cornea or lens is not perfectly rounded in shape, that there are some high/low areas on the surface and so, the vision is blurry.

Apparently, it's supposed to be something you have from the time of birth so... is it possible to explain how Bates's techniques could fix something that was not a result of bad eye habits? Could they possibly be helpful in filling out the cornea/lens? I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around this.
Outer and inner eye muscle tension cause pressure on eye, cornea, lens causing abnormal shape.
Bates method relaxes the muscles, enabeling eyes, cornea, lens to return to normal shape, correct focus light rays, vision clear.

Rare cases of birth trama, forcep delivery...accidents to head, neck can cause misalignment of neck vertabrae, skull bones the eye muscles, nerves are connected with and affect function eye muscles.
Massage, (chiropractic in extreme cases) can corect this.

Try Bates method first; usually its just a temporary state of tension the muscles got into that continued due to strain, staring... eyeglasses. Bates method corrects this, returns muscles to normal function, movement.
Yeah, I am trying it, thanks. I've had a cylinder of -4 consistently since I was 9 (since my first prescription anyway). Hope it works out.

Also, I just visited your vision blog and read about the Tibetan Eye Chart. Seems interesting, I think I should have that up next to my Snellen.
Hi, I am suffering from astigmatism, my was around -2, with variations. Just wante dot add that I also believe now after redaign Dr. Bates research and all his followers, that it is not deformation from birth (except in rare cases as they are saying of dificult birth or some heavy injuries.) I believe it is the way your muscels are pulling unevenly. It is all combined I thinkg with excentric fixation. (I think it is reason in my case having double images horisontally) and then Long years of wearing glasses which is reducing the saccadic movement of the eye.

Alos, about inheritance - I was always being told I have inherited astigmatism from my mom and now myfirst child has also astigmatism and worse then mine - I thing it's not the shape of the eyeball child is inheriting from his mom, but it is the way how she uses the eyes, how she strains the eyes when in diferent situations of stress and arguing with the child, kids just pick up, that's how they learn, and that is in Dr. Bates book nicelly elaborated with photos of mother and her children.

So, if this is learned it surelly can be unlearned.

Good luck and keep doing your improvement! Some time ago I started feeling what my strain is = upper inner muscels are constantly pulling up! I also started doing face massage, Meier Schenider talks about this...I am releaving roots of eyebrows and around the ear and it clears a bit everytime I do a massage.

Hope this helps as well!

Cheers!

Since my Mom & Pop don't have it... it must be me. Better try and get this fixed this before I have kids and they start blaming me for not using my peepers correctly.

Upper muscles pulling up and tension around the eyebrows... hm... yeah, I can somewhat relate to that. Will be on the lookout for those. Thanks for sharing, FlowerPower!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now