MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Looking en ebay for weaker glasses.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking en ebay for weaker glasses.
I am looking for a weaker perscription glasses, but I dont know what to look for.

Ill keep it simple. Im your average nearsighted person, who is 20/400 without glasses.

What do i look for on ebay which are weaker glasses.
Dear Fuggles,

Subject: How to I translate 20/400 into a "prescription".

I am an engineer, so perhaps I can help.

There is no exact "translation" -- but if you have a "prescription" please post it.

If I were to "estimate" it -- I would suggest about -4 diopters.

If you want to check yourself, then do this simple test.

Take off your glasses.

Now pick up some reading material. Start reading at 10 inches.

Slowly pust the reading material "away" until is JUST starts blurring.

Now measure the distance in inches, or CM.

Post the results on "Imagination", and we can help with this.

Best,

Otis
Do you have an older prescription which is weaker you could use? If not, you'll have to adjust your existing prescription down, assuming it is too strong, & get something from that. It's unlikely you could find something on ebay as cheap as Zenni Optical. You'll need diopters for each eye, PD which is pupil distance between your eyes which you can measure with a ruler, & cylinder if you have any astigmatism correction that is too strong to eliminate right away. Then you can order glasses from zennioptical for $8.

When I first went to a behavioral optometrist I had -10 myopia with -1.75 cylinder. He gave me -8 and -6 glasses "to play with" & I started wearing soft lenses of -9 at first & rapidly came down to -6 before I went totally to glasses. I had my astigmatism correction removed entirely & didn't really miss it. The behavioral optometrist told me he usually lowers the cylinder by 2; if you have -5 cylinder he'll lower it to -3, for example -- it's too abrupt of a change & too much of a shock to the nervous system to remove it completely.

Everyone is different, & ideally you have a skilled behavioral optometrist to help you. if not & you're on your own, make sure you always have 20/40 acuity if your driving or doing anything else dangerous. Then have the goal of reducing your use of glasses as much as you can, but don't force yourself to go too fast or you'll be anxious & "trying". The goal of this process is relaxation. It is not a race.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download