MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
straining

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
straining
Hi all,

I just wanted to share an experience where my eyesight improved.

I read on here that taking in one thing at a time can help vision, so I decided to try it out. I went for a walk and I decided I would start thinking of one thing at a time, for instance the colour of the traffic lights, or the types of shops I could see, whether it was busy in front of me etc.

On the odd occasion it worked and I felt more relaxed for a few seconds but I found myself becoming preoccupied about whether or NOT I was actually doing it - next thing I know I was getting tense and all worked up over it - my eyesight didn't improve and all I did was feel anxious. At this stage my eyes felt tense and watery. I then had to find a spot to rest and compose myself.

After that I thought to myself, what am I doing? I just wanted to go for a walk. So that's what I did, I gave up trying to take in one thing at a time and just walked, nothing more and nothing less. I found that I was well aware of what was around me, there was no need to worry about taking in one thing at a time, my mind was probably doing that on its own anyway. Next thing I know, after a couple of minutes my eyesight improved and I could see into the distance and make out number plates on cars without any effort and without really being concerned about what I could see.

The next half hour until I returned home was hit and miss really, the vision was generally better than normal, but I also felt a lot of tension in my jaw (perhaps this was always there). Anyway, all in all I think a good experience worth sharing.
Bates says it is impossible to keep the mind continually on one thing. Unnatural.
The mind and eyes normally move, shift from thought to thought, object to object, part to part on a object.
You can have different thoughts about a subject, the mind moving from thought to thought concerning the subject, back to the original subject, away from it, back to it...but if you try to keep the mind on only one thought, nothing else: Strain occurs in the mind, body and eyes.
Example: close your eyes. Think of a object. Stare at one part of the object in the mind, dont shift on it, dont move to any other part. Strain will be felt and the mental image will fade.
Now; Eyes still closed. think of the object and shift continually part to part on the object. Imagine it clear while shifting on it.
Shift to another object in the imagination, shift on it. Then another object... then back to the original object. Shift.
The mental image of the object remains, is clear, relaxation occurs.
Bates says; when the person can remember, imagine a object clear, shift on a object in the mind with the eyes closed and open - relaxation and clear vision occurs.
Notice when you are walking and daydreaming something pleasant, shifting on any objects you enjoy looking at, a positve state of mind, relaxation (deep or dynamic) occurs and vision is clear.
Read palming and memory, imagination examples in Better Eyesight Magazines.
Thanks for the reply Clarknight.

I haven't read those chapters for a long time, but I've never been successful at visualising something very well, let alone shifting on it. One thing I will mention, is the other day I relaxed so much that I had a flash of improved vision(it wasn't a perfect flash), but it was clear enough that I could see people on the television screen. At the time, I was watching a music video which changes image often and with each new image and new person, my eyes naturally shifted. As my vision started to blur again after a couple of minutes, this natural shifting stopped occuring.

I think with me, I just need to find that state of relaxation more often. What is suprising is that when I can relax there is less urgency and panic in me...until I return to my usual worries. Smile
Flashes remind us we do have control over our eyesight.
When I watch tv and the images are moving vision is clear.
When I have to look at the channel guide which is still and I am worn out looking computer all day, and impatient to see the guide quick, sometimes the guide is unclear. I have to remember to shift point to point, then it comes clear.
Also; familiar channels, program titles jump out clear, quick.
Unfamiliar ones (spanish channel title) not clear until i shift...
If you have less clear vision in one eye; use that eye for a while when watching tv. Then use the other. Alternate. Then both eyes.
A few nights, only 5-10 min. each eye ups the clarity.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now