MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Please help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help
Dear All,

I have been doing Bate Method for about a year now.
My vision was 350 both left and right and it is still 350 (I think)
I do see improvements but comparing to others, my improvements are very little.

I do
sunning
palming
swinging
and shifting

I can see a little cleaer but cross eyed (: at first, then I was able to make my eyes relax more and more, little by little, by when they are relax, I cannot "focus", the image is all blury. Can anyone please suggest what I should do? But last Sunday, I was working on my Smellen chart and for a little while, my vision was down to 200 (I was able to see the top letter)

Is my progress slow?
How can I improve, I try to relax ALL the time.
But sometimes I get discourage ):
But doesn't mean I wil stop though(:

Please kindly suggest me ...
Thank you so much >Big Grin
My first thought is to do the chart from a nearer distance. When I started vision improvement 7 years ago I'd been wearing -10 contacts with -1.75 cylinder for 30 years, & without any correction I could barely see where the chart was at 20 feet! So I got so discouraged by this I did no chart work at all until last fall when I started at just a couple of feet away from the chart, & am already seeing big improvements.

Something else to pay attention to: notice the swing. When you move your head or eyes, the world should move in the opposite direction. Appreciate colors. Wear your glasses as little as possible, as long as you're not straining & are safe, like when driving. Don't rate yourself by others' progress, as every one of us is unique.

Notice when your vision is worse: are you squinting, or straining some other part of your eyes or face or jaw? If you are aware of the strain, see if you can let it go. As you'll see mentioned here a lot, this work is all about awareness.

Finally, Bates said "Remember your successes & forget your failures". It sounds to me like you already have the right attitude of focusing on the positive. Just keep it up & keep going forward. .
samsuda Wrote:Dear All,

I have been doing Bate Method for about a year now.
My vision was 350 both left and right and it is still 350 (I think)
I do see improvements but comparing to others, my improvements are very little.

I do
sunning
palming
swinging
and shifting

I can see a little cleaer but cross eyed (: at first, then I was able to make my eyes relax more and more, little by little, by when they are relax, I cannot "focus", the image is all blury. Can anyone please suggest what I should do? But last Sunday, I was working on my Smellen chart and for a little while, my vision was down to 200 (I was able to see the top letter)

Is my progress slow?
How can I improve, I try to relax ALL the time.
But sometimes I get discourage ):
But doesn't mean I wil stop though(:

Please kindly suggest me ...
Thank you so much >Big Grin

Have you been doing shifting constantly throughout your day? How long do you do palming everyday? and swinging (50-100 times in the morning and 50-100 times at night)?
Thank you for both replies

Right now, I am trying "BLINKING" which helps me a lot with relaxing my eyes,
Nancy, thank you for your advice and I think it would be good for me to improve my eyes.

And I had never knew that we are suppose to do as many as 50-100 shifting !
I will do it from now on.
But can anyone please give me of some broad idea of how long it would take an average person to acheive a perfect vision?
Is there an average?

Thanks a bunch
I appreciate every comments and suggestions (:

I will keep trying
Best wishes for everyone and everyone's eyes too (:

Sam
samsuda Wrote:Thank you for both replies

Right now, I am trying "BLINKING" which helps me a lot with relaxing my eyes,
Nancy, thank you for your advice and I think it would be good for me to improve my eyes.

And I had never knew that we are suppose to do as many as 50-100 shifting !
I will do it from now on.
But can anyone please give me of some broad idea of how long it would take an average person to acheive a perfect vision?
Is there an average?

Thanks a bunch
I appreciate every comments and suggestions (:

I will keep trying
Best wishes for everyone and everyone's eyes too (:

Sam

Do swinging from anywhere to 10minutes to say more like 16, or 20 minutes. Remember to do 50-100 swings in the morning and at night.

No one can give an answer on that as we are all different. Some people it can take one session (some stories from the Bates Clinic for example) and others much longer.

Don't over palm either.... Swinging is very relaxing.

Good luck Smile

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download