MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Feeling down

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling down
I've been reading peoples stories on this site for a while and have been using the Bates method for a while on-and-off.

I guess my story begins last year when my glasses broke. Luckily I had another pair, my prescription is pretty bad. So after a lot of nagging by family I decided that I should go to the opticians and get an eye test and get another pair made. It had been over five years since I'd been to the opticians and I knew my eyesight had got worse. I'd really been avoiding the opticians because of a constant cycle of visiting and being prescribed stronger lenses.

Anyway, I managed to put off going for a month and focused hard on trying to improve my vision again. I measured my progress against an eye chart and definately noticed that things were starting to get clearer again. When I finally went to the opticians my prescription came out as:

R -8.0 astig: 2.75
L -10.5 astig: 1.50

Which is pretty poor, but luckily I didn't need to get higher prescription - which is what I'd feared. So some good news. When I was there I spoke to the optician about getting a weaker prescription, after some persuading they agreed and I got the following:

R -7.25 astig: 2.00
L -9.25 astig: 0.75

I wanted to get as low as possible. After a month of waiting, my glasses were finally ready - it took time to get them done because I went for the super thin glass lenses and they messed up the glazing a couple of times. I'd unfortunately been a little busy during that month and my sight had also got a bit worse. So when I finally tried my new glasses, things were a bit difficult to say the least! I decided against wearing them and stuck with my old pair for a couple of months while I continued to improve my sight.

Finally I managed to improve a bit and made the decision to start wearing my new pair. It felt pretty strange, things were much harder to see, but I started to accept the blur and started to keep going to improve my vision.

Its been about five months since I started wearing them and I can definately notice a difference. I know I have a long way to go, but I definately see things including the eye chart more clearly. I can only just about see the first three lines from 6 meters, but I could barely make out the top letter when I first tried them on.

Having improved to the point I could see the top three lines, I decided to pop to the opticians to see how much of an improvement I'd made. I was hoping to get some measure of the change so that I could again eventally plan to get some weaker glasses. But instead they just said that my eyesight was no better at all!? I told them that I could definately see more clearly and that I'd been doing various relaxation exercises to improve. But they just said 'what ever I was doing, it won't reduce my prescription', this really annoyed me!

I really don't understand it, I'm sure its not just me convincing myself that I can see more clearly, I definately can. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with others. I'm not going to let this get me down too much. I'm more determined than ever to keep going and reduce my prescription.

jv0
Yes, keep doing what you're doing, If you can see more on the chart than you could before, that's proof enough, no matter what the eye doctor says. Take a look at my blog for encouragement if you want, since I started at a very strong prescription too. Wear your glasses as little a possible, as long as you're not straining & are safe driving. Also know that you can order very inexpensive eyeglasses on-line from Zenni Optical, if you are convinced you are ready to move to a lower correction & your doctor doesn't agree. The last time I had my vision tested, a few years ago, the eye doctor said it was -7.50 & was all excited because I started so much higher, & I was very discouraged because I was driving at night with -6.50 glasses, & wearing -3 or -4 in the daytime. You know vision varies a lot, so any measurement is just a momentary snapshot, & for most of us the eye doctor's office is a pessimum situation. Hang in there.
An eye doctor isn't going to agree with anyone who is doing the Bates Method..... they will just put him down and you......

Stick to the Bates Method.....
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'll definately keep going. If anything I'm even more determined now!

jv0

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now