MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Help on palming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on palming
Hi folks, I'm new here, 22 and from Singapore. Have been suffering from myopia since young. I wear both glasses and lenses. The last time I went to see the optometrist, my eyes were both -9.00+, close to -10.00. I can't read a book beyond a few inches. Anyway, I'm sick of being 'blind' and here I am.

My question is are you supposed to open or close your eyes during palming after you have closed covered your eyes and ensured it is as dark as possible?
if it helps to getting black then why not Smile

If you are felling better when you'll close and open eyes then do that.

Remember, forget about your eyes Big Grin
i don't get what you mean, belive..

i will rephrase my question: am you supposed to open or close your eyes after you have covered your eyes with your palms?
keep eyes closed when palming
I personally donet get much improvment from palming

what am i doing wrong ?

and what else can i do to improve myopia

I found a good video on google

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6842552229982266221">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9982266221</a><!-- m -->
fuggles Wrote:I personally donet get much improvment from palming

what am i doing wrong ?

and what else can i do to improve myopia

I found a good video on google

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6842552229982266221">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9982266221</a><!-- m -->

Try the long swing. I've read one might get more improvement out of the long swing (50-100 swings in the morning, 50-100 swings at night, and whenever you can inbetween). Don't over palm. Also shift constantly from point to point and object to object throughout your day. Blink too.

hope this helps,

blauw
whats the simplest way to do the long swing
fuggles Wrote:whats the simplest way to do the long swing

by doing it.

look at Clark Night's site.

http://cleareyesight.info/id15.html
when you read your probably trying to chase or seek the letters, try running away from them and they should pop out more or less.

remember the eye with its optic nerve is as passive as the fingernail. light rays come to you, you don't go and get them.
Hi blauw

I usually get a noticeably improvement in visual acuity with the Snellen after palming so am surprised with your warning not to over palm.

I would be interested in your reasoning as palming appears to relax my eyes and so help me see better (in the short term) - which seems to be the point of NVI.

Thanks
Mike
Yes, I'm also interested in how you could over-palm. Bates had a student who palmed for 20 hours with only water & bathroom breaks & cured his vision. I know palming is stress-making for some people who are restless & can't sit still, so if you're one of those I'd say to try something else instead, maybe the long swing. However I really believe in palming & have gotten a lot of benefit from it myself.
Yepp by over palming, I mean if you are the type that gets restless and you start stressing out then that can be considered over palming, its not really a warning though.... its not like you would have a negative result.... but if you are perfectly fine with palming for a long period of time, do so. But LOL I'm the type that can only handle palming for 10 to 20 minutes......

Anyone got any exercises that might bring faster results??

Good luck to all,
blauw
blauw Wrote:Yepp by over palming, I mean if you are the type that gets restless and you start stressing out then that can be considered over palming, its not really a warning though.... its not like you would have a negative result.... but if you are perfectly fine with palming for a long period of time, do so. But LOL I'm the type that can only handle palming for 10 to 20 minutes......

Anyone got any exercises that might bring faster results??

Good luck to all,
blauw

I think I just realized one of my problems with palming, and why I can only do it for 10-20mins.... because I had my left hands fingers over top of my right hands fingers on the center of my forehead. I noticed on Clark Night's site that one of the instructions on palming, the right hands fingers should be over top of the left hands on the center of the forehead, was underlined, which struck me as that is important. Perhaps by having the positioning of the hands wrong it caused the the Energy/Chakras to pass incorrectly.

Any suggestions?

Good luck to all,
blauw
Hi blauw,

Just recently I have sent myself a small goal to get to the bottom line in my Snellen. After having briefly got there the past few days I have been struggling with three lines to go. So I palmed for 5 mins and to my surprise everything became crystal clear even the bottom line. This shows me that palming works for me. I then decided that rather then practicing on the Snellen I should palm instead so next day I palmed first. However I only had marginal gain on the Snellen so its clear to me that palming needs to be combined with actual practice.

I see palming as a type of self healing so base my palming techniques with that understanding. Suggestions that work for me;

- I always have my right hand on top of left.
- Aim to palm in bare feet. My feet usually tingle when I palm so assume the healing energy or chi is comes in through the feet and out through the palm chakras to the eyes.
- Relax and just allow the energy flow. As it starts to flow you can feel where the tension is, just release it and relax further. Palming should be very soothing. Healing energy flows best when there is no tension present.
- Some days it works better then others
- Focus your mind on the goal of palming. Don't get distracted. Energy follows thought so put your mind on the palming process and the healing energy will be at its most optimum.

My thoughts

Mike
Blue eyes Wrote:Hi blauw,

Just recently I have sent myself a small goal to get to the bottom line in my Snellen. After having briefly got there the past few days I have been struggling with three lines to go. So I palmed for 5 mins and to my surprise everything became crystal clear even the bottom line. This shows me that palming works for me. I then decided that rather then practicing on the Snellen I should palm instead so next day I palmed first. However I only had marginal gain on the Snellen so its clear to me that palming needs to be combined with actual practice.

I see palming as a type of self healing so base my palming techniques with that understanding. Suggestions that work for me;

- I always have my right hand on top of left.
- Aim to palm in bare feet. My feet usually tingle when I palm so assume the healing energy or chi is comes in through the feet and out through the palm chakras to the eyes.
- Relax and just allow the energy flow. As it starts to flow you can feel where the tension is, just release it and relax further. Palming should be very soothing. Healing energy flows best when there is no tension present.
- Some days it works better then others
- Focus your mind on the goal of palming. Don't get distracted. Energy follows thought so put your mind on the palming process and the healing energy will be at its most optimum.

My thoughts

Mike

Thanks Mike,

That is a real eye opener. What is your current Acuity? 20/70? or ? Sounds like your making it towards 20/20 pretty soon.....

I generally palm now for 20 minutes or more. I often feel a feeling of almost dizziness but not quite......

What other exercises do you do? Do you do Swinging, Swaying or ?

I think one of my original problems with palming was the getting distracted part..... hehe mind would often drift..... but now I'll focus on healing my eyes....

Good luck to all,
blauw

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now