MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
pinhole glasses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pinhole glasses
hello i am new in using this bates method.  Just wanna know if i can use the bates glasses as often as I can.  Does it give any negative effect?
Hi azambat,

(I moved your post into this new topic)

I assume you mean pinhole glasses. Many people find that they're easier on the eyes than prescription glasses, making vision improvement easier, and they can be worn for extended periods if you're comfortable enough with them.

But I wouldn't recommend wearing them all day every day, because they do provide an unnatural seeing environment, make true binocular vision difficult, and they cause you to ignore your peripheral vision.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi, hm... this is the part which i don't understand.  I have a myopia, and I'm attached to my prescription glasses(i couldn't do anything without my glasses).  If I use pinhole glasses, it'll improve my sight right? But then prescription glasses will make my eyes worsen.  Seems like adding negative with positive resulting none. So which glasses should I use?  It doesn't make any difference, does it?

Really fascinated with the method, but don't see any improvement yet.  I just used pinhole glasses about a week.  Sometimes when I use pinhole glasses for so long it makes my eyes tired. How long do you recommend to use pinhole glasses per day?

Sorry for having so many questions.  I'm really desperate of having my eyes fixed.  So hard to do activities I really like.  Smile
Well it's important to know that pinhole glasses are not the Bates method; they're just a tool to make it easier to go without your prescription glasses. You still are supposed to learn and practice Bates techniques that get you to learn to recognize the strain in your eyes and learn to use your eyes in a way that avoids the strain.

I just recently added a "how to begin" page to the Introduction pages on iblindness.org:
http://www.iblindness.org/intro/howtobegin.html

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Why do people call them bates glasses, since bates didn't say these would actually improve our vision right?
Because they don't know what they're talking about.

Dave
Site Administrator

Actually I bought pinhole glasses at the pharmacy nearby and on the back of the glasses' box it said to download eyecharts manual from the bates method homepage.  So I thought the pinhole glasses is one of the bates method.  Sorry for misunderstood.  :'(
What company makes those? I've had two other people who bought them, one in Korea, and decided my site was the "Bates method homepage" and asked where the eyecharts manual was that they were promised.  Smile

Dave
Site Administrator

Hi again Dave.. I'm from Malaysia and this pinhole glasses I bought was from Singapore.  I never heard of pinhole glasses as well as bates method before. But after I read articles from internet, I found that by combining the pinhole glasses and bates method, it really can make eyes cure faster.  I kept wearing pinhole glasses everyday even at work(except driving).  When I felt burnt in my eyes I will do palming and swinging.  Is that the correct treatment for the eyes?

I read about 'fallacies of Dr Bates Method' from the <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/bates.html.&nbsp;">http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/bates.html.&nbsp;</a><!-- m --> Can you give comments on that?
azambat Wrote:Hi again Dave.. I'm from Malaysia and this pinhole glasses I bought was from Singapore.  I never heard of pinhole glasses as well as bates method before. But after I read articles from internet, I found that by combining the pinhole glasses and bates method, it really can make eyes cure faster.  I kept wearing pinhole glasses everyday even at work(except driving).  When I felt burnt in my eyes I will do palming and swinging.  Is that the correct treatment for the eyes?

I read about 'fallacies of Dr Bates Method' from the <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/bates.html.&nbsp;">http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/bates.html.&nbsp;</a><!-- m --> Can you give comments on that?
That article assumes that everything OD's say is accurate.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now