MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How many of caught a clear flash successfully, and kept it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of caught a clear flash successfully, and kept it?
Hi everyone,

How many of you have caught a clear flash and successfully kept it. Has anyone done this and improved their vision drastically?

I am doing this and seeing results, that I notice disappear, probably because of a strain somewhere.

I also should use some acupressure for my eyes might aid me.

Good luck to all,
blauw
Hi Blauw,

I can get these clear flashes to stay for more than 15 minutes at a time now. The trick is when you see or notice that suddenly everything is clear, to consider it normal. Don't feel like you have to 'do' anything to see the next thing clearly. Don't start thinking ahead to when you think it will go away. Just enjoy the present moment with the feeling of that crisp vision.

I think that is the biggest mistake people make. They see a clear flash, and then they immediately 'try' to 'test' it, which produces effort and puts the muscles right back into the place of strain that they remember.

I've written some posts about this in the past on my blog, the lastest was last week: http://sorrisi.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/...provement/

I hope something in there helps you!
Sorrisi
sorrisiblue Wrote:Hi Blauw,

I can get these clear flashes to stay for more than 15 minutes at a time now. The trick is when you see or notice that suddenly everything is clear, to consider it normal. Don't feel like you have to 'do' anything to see the next thing clearly. Don't start thinking ahead to when you think it will go away. Just enjoy the present moment with the feeling of that crisp vision.

I think that is the biggest mistake people make. They see a clear flash, and then they immediately 'try' to 'test' it, which produces effort and puts the muscles right back into the place of strain that they remember.

I've written some posts about this in the past on my blog, the lastest was last week: http://sorrisi.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/...provement/

I hope something in there helps you!
Sorrisi

Hi Sorrisi,

Thanks for that. I'll remember to make it feel normal. I do have memories of when I had perfect vision and one of those memories was tracing objects and finding faces in things..... interesting that.

What exercises do you do mainly Sorrisi? I see you went from 5/200 to 20/50! That is incredible.

That makes me feel like my 20/50 to 20/20 goal can be met. I am hoping to achieve 20/50. But by wanting that I have to just forget about my eyes, and relax and not stress.

Good luck to all,
blauw
hi Blauw

I wouldn't say that I do exercizes, nor for a certain amount of time each day... The best thing I ever did was to take Dr. Bates's advice from his 'correspondence treatment' chapter and I read the Snellen chart everyday, twice per day when I can. When I read it I just observe what I do that makes my sight better or sorse. Then during the whole day I tend to have better habits and do things that improve my vision.

I do the long swing to relax. Remember, he said the long swing brings relaxation and helps the eyes to realize the short swing, the short swing improves vision. So don't bother testing your eyes before and after doing long swings because in my experience and most of what I've read here it doesn't. But, if you just do it and relax while doing it, the benefits really do come later. If I consistently swing I always notice an improvement to my vision a day or two later.

I palm at work when I need it or just close my eyes. Another thing Dr. Bates recommends is to be comfortable the whole day. So I attempt to keep my thoughts aware of whether I'm comfortable or not. The easiest way to do this is to close the eyes every 15 minutes and do a short check in with the body. Correct any posture problems, do some stresses, and afterwards work is much more productive.

Finally, whereever I walk or cycle or make any movement, I am aware of oppositional movement. I think this helps my eyes a lot.

So the Bates method is more about very easy lifestyle changes than exercizes. I didn't have a continuous improvement from 5/200 to 20/50. There were plenty of ups and downs. Even now sometimes I see much better than 20/50, but not everyday. It just takes time and being patient enough to get to the point where there is definite permanent improvement. For example, when I first started I couldn't see any writing on my computer screen from a normal sitting distance. At some point I was able to occasionally read the letters on my keyboard. Then I could occasionally read letters on my screen. Now, I can always read the letters on the keyboard and most of the time I can read the writing on my computer from a normal distance. (but not if someone else is around! or if there is pressure!) But I know the trend is that my eyes are getting permanently better, so I don't worry about it.

sorrisi
Dear All,

I also learned from the "correspondence treatment", that if I want to keep my distant vision clear, I must teach myself how to do it myself.

For this reason I obtained a basic optometry "test set" to confirm my vision. This saves me money, and gives me absolute confidence in my vision.

My vision is 20/25 with clear flashes to 20/20 (depending on light).

My refractive STATE is a comfortable +1/2 diopter using a "classical" Snellen and a trial lens kit.

I will NEVER USE, or EVER become dependent on a minus lens -- ever again.

Bates was correct. If you want to protect your distant vision for life -- you must do it yourself.

Otis
sorrisiblue Wrote:hi Blauw

I wouldn't say that I do exercizes, nor for a certain amount of time each day... The best thing I ever did was to take Dr. Bates's advice from his 'correspondence treatment' chapter and I read the Snellen chart everyday, twice per day when I can. When I read it I just observe what I do that makes my sight better or sorse. Then during the whole day I tend to have better habits and do things that improve my vision.

I do the long swing to relax. Remember, he said the long swing brings relaxation and helps the eyes to realize the short swing, the short swing improves vision. So don't bother testing your eyes before and after doing long swings because in my experience and most of what I've read here it doesn't. But, if you just do it and relax while doing it, the benefits really do come later. If I consistently swing I always notice an improvement to my vision a day or two later.

I palm at work when I need it or just close my eyes. Another thing Dr. Bates recommends is to be comfortable the whole day. So I attempt to keep my thoughts aware of whether I'm comfortable or not. The easiest way to do this is to close the eyes every 15 minutes and do a short check in with the body. Correct any posture problems, do some stresses, and afterwards work is much more productive.

Finally, whereever I walk or cycle or make any movement, I am aware of oppositional movement. I think this helps my eyes a lot.

So the Bates method is more about very easy lifestyle changes than exercizes. I didn't have a continuous improvement from 5/200 to 20/50. There were plenty of ups and downs. Even now sometimes I see much better than 20/50, but not everyday. It just takes time and being patient enough to get to the point where there is definite permanent improvement. For example, when I first started I couldn't see any writing on my computer screen from a normal sitting distance. At some point I was able to occasionally read the letters on my keyboard. Then I could occasionally read letters on my screen. Now, I can always read the letters on the keyboard and most of the time I can read the writing on my computer from a normal distance. (but not if someone else is around! or if there is pressure!) But I know the trend is that my eyes are getting permanently better, so I don't worry about it.

sorrisi

Could I make my eyes realize the short swing by doing the head swing.... or should I stick with the Long Swing (which I do for 10 minutes usually).

On Seeing.org they also have the Prayer Swing, Optical Swing and the Drifting Swing. I wonder how beneficial those will be. I'll try them.

Have you tried Acupressure, or the Alexander Technique.... I hear those are helpful.....

Good luck to all,
blauw
This past month of June and July I have successfully prolonged many of my flashes of clear vision. The duration lasted anywhere from many seconds to minutes. How did I do it? I'm still trying to codify that. (For the added references, I don't know the Muslim or Buddhist or other religious references, but I'm sure they exist.)
1. Remember that the world is seen in 3-D, something like seeing those hidden pictures or stereograms; NOT like looking at a picture in a book or on TV or on a computer screen or movie screen. (JudeoChristian reference: "What went you out for to see? A reed blowing in the wind?")
2. When the flash happens, instead of looking around at close objects or scenes, try looking along the same visual path/plane but further into the distance. (JudeoChristian reference: "Consider your path when walking that you may not stumble." The path includes not just the ground, but the airspace as well. "Make straight the ways of the Lord.")
3. Stand/walk/sit as tall as you can. (JudeoChristian reference: "And Jesus took the man up on a high mountain so that he could see better." "When I am raised up I shall draw all men to me.")
4. Use glare points: if you notice a point of reflective glare (e.g., a decal or road sign or other reflective surface), give your head a quick shift back and forth, up and down, circularly, etc., to sort of wipe the glare across both eyes, then look elsewhere with additional head/neck/body shifting. Indoors, try positioning a mirror to occasionally reflect light across your eyes.
5. Hold your head/neck/torso steady in position and shift/swing slightly from the hips/ribcage instead.
6. Imitate the dog/cat/pet head-cocking that you've seen in your own pets or in advertisements or movies where the animal, intent on its owner or something, tilts its head to one side. It's doing that not just to hear better, but to see better as well.
7. Breathe! Especially out!
8. Don't stare.

That's all I've got for now. Good Luck!

blauw Wrote:Hi everyone,

How many of you have caught a clear flash and successfully kept it. Has anyone done this and improved their vision drastically?

I am doing this and seeing results, that I notice disappear, probably because of a strain somewhere.

I also should use some acupressure for my eyes might aid me.

Good luck to all,
blauw

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now