MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Old and New Bates Method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old and New Bates Method
Compare Bates original Better Eyesight Magazines, books to later work of Dr. Bates and other Bates teachers.
What does everyone think are the new and some improved methods, additions that have been incorporated into Bates method?
Examples;
+Left and Right Brain Hemisphere Activation, integration
+Nosefeather
+Trampoline (rebounding), antigravity
+ Body movement, posture, chiropractic
+Reduced lenses
+ ...
Be careful about "old" & "new". I've heard 2 Bates teachers who I respect a lot both say the farther away they get from the original Bates method, the more they feel like they're losing something. I think many people who think they can improve on the Bates method don't really understand it fully, or haven't used it themselves (or both).

Some people will say plus lenses for reading for myopia prevention is an "improvement" on Bates. I don't think we should be wearing glasses at all! I'd like to see more of the mind/body stuff incorporated, an expansion on his "wrong beliefs" & how to get rid of them. Many can be disproved by counter-example, like "your eyes get worse as you get older" or "you have to work hard to improve your vision" or "it takes a long time to improve your vision" -- just 1 person who did it easily shows this is wrong. Harder to prove is "Well, it won't work for ME". People have to be willing to try it & give it some time -- expecting instant permanent improvement will lead straight to disappointment.
Yes, I agree that plus lenses are dangerous.
I was taught in Vision Improvement school is that close vision lenses cause fast vision impairment at all distances and are a main cause of the cataracts the seniors and other persons wearing glasses for reading... develope.
I also dont like to advise reduced 20/40 lenses but there is not much choice sometimes.
I'm not sure how they could be dangerous.

Perhaps they put to much stress on certain muscles.

Apparently it relaxes the Ciliary Muscle, but then again the Bates Method, states that the Ciliary muscle doesn't do anything or at least not much.

I think Plus Lenses can cause unwanted problems in older people that are at the age of Presbyopia.

Good luck to all,
blauw

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now