MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Question to me on contact lenses & Bates work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to me on contact lenses & Bates work
I received the following PM today. I don't want to respond to this alone & would like others to contribute. For the future, please don't send me PMs which should be posted to everyone.
Quote:Hi Nancy,
I have one question for you about contact lenses.Tell me short: Can I wear contact lenses during Bates exercises?Actually is cheapest solution for me now, cause in my country lenses for glasses have very big price! I used, of course reduced prescription for them and I don't wear them whole day (just 2-3 h)?If I doing like that, can I make forward whole process or it will be little slowly?I don't have another solution right now.Any advice for me?
Thank you and best regards!
Bates exercises should be done with no glasses or contacts. I'm glad you're using a reduced prescription & that you're going without glasses or contacts a lot of the day. I recommend glasses over contacts, since glasses are easier to take off & won't irritate your cornea. The Zenni Optical site has very inexpensive eyeglasses ($8 in the U.S.) & they ship everywhere as far as I know.
The shape of the eye/cornea changes naturally, often and more often when practice Bates method as the eye/ cornea returns to normal shape.
Contacts will not fit the changing cornea and can scrape, infect, scar the cornea, injure the eye.
I wore contacts on occasion for a couple of years, from 2005-2007, and still practiced the Bates methods, but not when I had the contacts on. I loved them for showing me what it would be like to have clear vision continuously. But they are a hassle, and after a while I ran out of my dailies, and needed a new prescription to reorder. I haven't done that yet. I don't want to lose the progress I've made with Bates. For now, I prefer to be addicted to inducing clear vision flashes and figuring out how to prolong them. But the contacts certainly helped me to set a standard for clear vision better than that of glasses.

Re: Question to me on contact lenses & Bates work
by clarknight on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:12 pm

The shape of the eye/cornea changes naturally, often and more often when practice Bates method as the eye/ cornea returns to normal shape.
Contacts will not fit the changing cornea and can scrape, infect, scar the cornea, injure the eye.

Nancy Wrote:I received the following PM today. I don't want to respond to this alone & would like others to contribute. For the future, please don't send me PMs which should be posted to everyone.
Quote:Hi Nancy,
I have one question for you about contact lenses.Tell me short: Can I wear contact lenses during Bates exercises?Actually is cheapest solution for me now, cause in my country lenses for glasses have very big price! I used, of course reduced prescription for them and I don't wear them whole day (just 2-3 h)?If I doing like that, can I make forward whole process or it will be little slowly?I don't have another solution right now.Any advice for me?
Thank you and best regards!
Bates exercises should be done with no glasses or contacts. I'm glad you're using a reduced prescription & that you're going without glasses or contacts a lot of the day. I recommend glasses over contacts, since glasses are easier to take off & won't irritate your cornea. The Zenni Optical site has very inexpensive eyeglasses ($8 in the U.S.) & they ship everywhere as far as I know.
I have worn contacts for several years, and just before I started the vision trainnig. But my contacts were semi-hard, to enable for astigmatism, and I have been wearing them for the whole day. My experience is that I have had very dry eyes, and the contacts were draining much of energy of me. I was trying to "get used" since I started wearing them but never admitted to myself (until the day I staretd vision training, thanks God)but never succeeded.

In general my opinion is similar to what clarknight is saying, if this training is supposed to change the shape of the eye wearing contacts will be protesting to that, won't allow it. I think the best is going without any eyeware, contacts being worse because they are in the direct contatct with the eye and in the refractive shape of the eye. Will try to hold the eye in old shape.

Something more from my experience: in reading small print your eyes naturaly go more cross, but having contacts in my eyes the eyes will not move more then a specific cross, I would try and they would puch back, so much I was trying so eventually I would feel sick and dizzy, and give up. I was never able to read such a small print. Now, without eyeware and after 8 months training I CAN READ VERY SMALL PRINT. There is no limitation, eyes can change shape to enable seeing different sizes of letters.

And more, I was always feeling contacts are pushing my eyes somehow, never was able to articulate the feeling quite well, doctors would just nod in weird...I am telling you this to ephasise the hardness of contactes more then glasses against vision training.

I personally feel that even 1 second of glasses on my eyes moves my progress back. But I am less then 2 diopters so I thibk it's easer for me to go strait without any eyeware. But then I would recommend to go with half prescription.

Although I loved the seeing with contacts more, much clearer, easier on head, no frames and dust...but no good for natural vision

Good luck to everyone!

Great description FlowerPower!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download