MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Weaker glasses but I'm straining more to see things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weaker glasses but I'm straining more to see things
I recently bought some new glasses with the prescription reduced by 1D in each eye. down to -2D. I didn't want to jump straight off the deep end and throw away my glasses probably due to the fear of being a bumbling idiot bumping into everything. I want to reduce my prescription gradually so that my eyes rely on my glasses less. The problem I am facing is that I am finding myself straining to see things which are very far away with my new glasses, this seems to be an in built reaction and I have to try to stop myself from doing it. Any advice on how to stop doing this, because I'm sure this will only increase my overall eyestrain.

I also find that without my glasses my eyes seem very sensitive to sunlight, in fact on a sunny day i can barely keep my eyes open., whereas with my glasses on i appear affected less. I'm thinking this is some kind of psychologically induced reaction through being too attached to my glasses, has anyone else experienced this? Is it just a case of soldiering on with palming and sunning and believing things will improve?
Continue to shift when looking at objects through the glasses.
As vision improves it will become clearer and clearer through the reduced lenses.
Before it gets completely clear, buy a further reduced pair.

Eyeglasses act partially as sunglasses by blocking full spectrum sunlight.
Your eyes tolerance to sunlight is weakened by the time you spent wearing glasses, being exposed to the partial spectrum light that passes through the lenses.
Eyes will adjust with practice of sunning and shifting, central fixation which will also improve eye function, health, function with sunlight.
In reducing my own eyeglasses prescription, I also went through the frustration of not seeing as clearly as I wanted, & often getting anxious, straining & trying to see more. This is still a problem sometimes, but much less often. I've learned to take my time & not rush, give my eyes the second or 2 they need to adjust so I can see clearly enough to proceed, & maybe most important, take deep breaths. It's alarming to me how easily I can forget to breathe!

I've been taking short walks after dark to improve my night vision, which is also helping my light tolerance.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download