MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Please some, advance suggestion about reduced prescription..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please some, advance suggestion about reduced prescription..
Hi,
I have couple of questions for you, about using glasses with reduced prescription.
Yesterday, I bought glasses with very little reduced prescription.It is reduced about -0.50 dioptre in every eye.
I feel, when I wearing it, that my eyes are very easy, when I try to move around my room.
I had a little strain when I used them (I used them only for relax looking, with no caution on the details, whatever it been tv, movies...).After 5 min, when I took off my glasses, and after period within couples minutes, I noticed that my eyes are tired and some pain in them.I don't afraid of that, cause I read in some book that is a good sign.
I am also read few books about this method, but this time I added some new things in my work.
I had read that when our eyes are tired, we can close our eyes in duration of 30 s, and after this 30 s, we can start blinking at the white wall (I mean that, we retrain our mind to learn to blink properly).
I also learn that, when I have pain in my eyes, it is mean that our subconscious, release strain into our conscious, and because of that, we have pain.
Is there any way to minimize this pain duration? (I use techique, that when I feel my eye are tired or they are deal with strain, I stop exercises immediatelly).

I am also noticed that when I wear my reduced prescription, I have pain in my eyes, but if I am back to my old prescription, I noticed that pain is gone.
Does it really slow my progress?Namely I have further improvement anyway

If I start to use reduced prescription, does it mean that I must use only them, and I must forget my old one?...Or it is compromise that I can use occasionally old glasses?

I hope that you will help me, and if sombody have some experience, please write it here.

Anyway, I learned so much things here on this community, so thank you for all of this great posts!!!

Best regards!
Commandos.
This is where a teacher can be a big help. There is some pain which is your eyes letting go of strain stored over years of bad visual habits -- this is a good thing if you're going slowly. There is also pain from straining now, which is not a good thing. You need to be able to tell the difference between these, which comes with experience or from a teacher observing you.

If your eyes feel "easy" with the reduced glasses looking around the room or watching TV, that is a good sign. It's possible when you use them more & feel what you call pain, you are starting to strain to see as clearly as you could through your old glasses. If this is the case, see if you can identify just how you're straining, & let it go. If this is indeed what's going on, when you put your old stronger glasses back on, you won't feel like you're straining because you'll have the clarity you're used to, but you've reverted to the unconscious straining that glasses always give you.

Yes, if something is too painful, stop. Slight areas of soreness are normal & will decrease as you proceed. If the pain is increasing, you're probably straining more & more, so it's time for a rest. Palming is great for this -- I often take short palming breaks when doing the eye chart & it really helps.

Please realize that since I'm not watching you, my conclusions about what's going on are only my best guess. Give the reduced glasses a chance before you give up on them. Also, if you have an eye chart & can measure your own vision, it would be useful to know how well you can see with your strong glasses & with the reduced ones. If your strong glasses already only let you see 20/40, you don't want to reduce the prescription much more until you can see 20/20 through it, or you will be straining. Good luck & let us know how you do.
Quote:Commandos.
This is where a teacher can be a big help. There is some pain which is your eyes letting go of strain stored over years of bad visual habits -- this is a good thing if you're going slowly. There is also pain from straining now, which is not a good thing. You need to be able to tell the difference between these, which comes with experience or from a teacher observing you.

If your eyes feel "easy" with the reduced glasses looking around the room or watching TV, that is a good sign. It's possible when you use them more & feel what you call pain, you are starting to strain to see as clearly as you could through your old glasses. If this is the case, see if you can identify just how you're straining, & let it go. If this is indeed what's going on, when you put your old stronger glasses back on, you won't feel like you're straining because you'll have the clarity you're used to, but you've reverted to the unconscious straining that glasses always give you.

Yes, if something is too painful, stop. Slight areas of soreness are normal & will decrease as you proceed. If the pain is increasing, you're probably straining more & more, so it's time for a rest. Palming is great for this -- I often take short palming breaks when doing the eye chart & it really helps.

Please realize that since I'm not watching you, my conclusions about what's going on are only my best guess. Give the reduced glasses a chance before you give up on them. Also, if you have an eye chart & can measure your own vision, it would be useful to know how well you can see with your strong glasses & with the reduced ones. If your strong glasses already only let you see 20/40, you don't want to reduce the prescription much more until you can see 20/20 through it, or you will be straining. Good luck & let us know how you do.

Yes, I exactly doing this kind of strain (I try to see as clearly as I could through my old glasses).
I observe myself and I seen, which is kind of strain, and I'm sure that is strain from my effort to see details.
I'll try to avoid this habit further.
So, I noticed that I'm strain at that way : hard blinking and Forced Eye Opening.
I am writing this post with my reduced prescription at this moment.Very interesting thing about that is, that I have much better vision on my right eye with lower prescription!!!
On my stronger glasses, I have -5.50 dioptre, but on my reduced, dioptre is -4.75, and I can see 20/20 from distance of 5 ft., but left eye is anyway weak (I think that, my left eye is lazy).
I understand you Nancy, all you said, and I didn't give up from reduced prescription.
I'll continue with exercises, I had found cheapest lenses here, and I go ahead!!!
You were right, when you said, that is not pain - it's like really slight areas of soreness.

But I'm concern, how I can do read, and watching tv, computer...if I can't strain (other words, I can't see good through glasses), since I have reduced prescription?
I don't have idea, how I can doing all normally things in everyday life and making a progress.Soon starts my college (I'm studing information techologies), but this is last semester, which is much easier then previoulsy years.So, I'm have benefits to doing this.
I take on all kind of things to have much more progress.
I'm also drink blueberry juice (natural), eat so much vegatables, avoid total sugar, doing meditations, deep breathing, and I hope that is right way to my success.

Anyway,
thank you very much, Nancy! Big Grin
Everyone is different; don't be afraid to experiment. Sit a little closer to the TV if you have to, or wear pinholes. Don't forget to take frequent breaks when you feel yourself starting to strain. Remember you won't see as well through a reduced prescription right away as you do through a stronger one. Accept the vision you do have now, don't strain to make it clearer. Relaxation is the goal, for your mind & your body & your eyes. Observe yourself & when you start to strain, & see if you can stop doing that. The more you wear no glasses or weaker glasses, without straining, the faster your progress will be, but if you really need to use your stronger glasses to function, go ahead & use them -- just try to keep it brief if you can. You may notice some additional strain when you put them on, in your forehead or jaw or temples or somewhere else, so this will help you realize that they are not helping you.
Quote:Everyone is different; don't be afraid to experiment. Sit a little closer to the TV if you have to, or wear pinholes. Don't forget to take frequent breaks when you feel yourself starting to strain. Remember you won't see as well through a reduced prescription right away as you do through a stronger one. Accept the vision you do have now, don't strain to make it clearer. Relaxation is the goal, for your mind & your body & your eyes. Observe yourself & when you start to strain, & see if you can stop doing that. The more you wear no glasses or weaker glasses, without straining, the faster your progress will be, but if you really need to use your stronger glasses to function, go ahead & use them -- just try to keep it brief if you can. You may notice some additional strain when you put them on, in your forehead or jaw or temples or somewhere else, so this will help you realize that they are not helping you.

Ok.I understand now!
I have one pair of pinhole glasses, I use them occasionally, but I've heard some negative taughts about it. So, because that I started, maybe to little avoid them.
I like it, but I'm confused, whether it really good thing for regain my vision?
I hope that is answer is yes! Smile
It is better to use them much more then reduced prescriptions?
I'll be very grateful if you could write your own opinion about pinhole glasses and potentially experience if you used them.

All Regards!
Commandos,
I don't have any personal experience with pinholes yet. I've ordered a pair from Peter Grunwald who I took an Eyebody workshop from recently, but they haven't come yet. I'll report on this more when I have something to say.

Most of the vision authors who mention pinholes say they're much better for your eyes than prescription lenses, since they don't bend the light. They won't improve your vision by themselves, but may help you to let go of some of the strain of constantly wearing prescription glasses. Since they obscure a lot of the visual field, they're not safe for driving. They are great for reading or TV or taking a walk, if you're brave & don't care what the neighbors think. They can be a useful transition to no lenses at all.
Hi Nancy! If you want to try pinholes today, just take a sheet of paper and do some pattern of small holes on it with a needle or any metal pin.

Check this website and you will see how to make them: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.instructables.com/id/Pinhole-Eyeglasses/">http://www.instructables.com/id/Pinhole-Eyeglasses/</a><!-- m -->

They are probably better than true glasses because they don't have lenses and their effect is to make the eye able to see without changing it's focus.

Cheers!
Alexandre,
Thanks! I ordered the pinholes from Peter because he includes an instructional CD for exercises, because I learned so much from him at the workshop & totally respect his knowledge, & because he mentioned that some of the pinholes you can buy won't help you much, that they actually encourage you to converge even more which is the last thing I need. (I think this is from the spacing of the holes being too close.) For someone just starting out like Commandos, any pinholes would probably be much better than glasses, I'm guessing. Maybe he'd like to try your method with the paper. For me, I'd rather use no glasses at all, & intended to use Peter's pinholes for just a 1/2 hour a day or so to do some specific exercises, but I don't know what these are yet. I'll write about this on my blog when the pinholes I ordered show up & I have a chance to try them out.
Quote:Commandos,
I don't have any personal experience with pinholes yet. I've ordered a pair from Peter Grunwald who I took an Eyebody workshop from recently, but they haven't come yet. I'll report on this more when I have something to say.

Most of the vision authors who mention pinholes say they're much better for your eyes than prescription lenses, since they don't bend the light. They won't improve your vision by themselves, but may help you to let go of some of the strain of constantly wearing prescription glasses. Since they obscure a lot of the visual field, they're not safe for driving. They are great for reading or TV or taking a walk, if you're brave & don't care what the neighbors think. They can be a useful transition to no lenses at all.

Thank you, Nancy!
I am already using pinhole glasses for watching TV and looking onto distance objects.
I noticed, that when I used them for this purpose, I much more relaxing my eyes when tracing and shifting, for example house and trees at the distance.
I also have so ease, and relaxing feeling, when looking through it, and something in my mind is thought, that when I doing this, I don't strain my eyes because, I actually don't have a glasses.
Commandos,
Great! This feeling of ease is your goal, the way you want your eyes to feel all of the time. When you don't feel it, you're straining (maybe because you're trying to see through glasses). You want to learn to let the strain go.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now