MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Clear flashes don't stay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear flashes don't stay
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum and I´m glad I found it because I've searched a long time on the web for something like that (yes, my searching skills are not that well developed  Wink ). Finally I can tell someone about my problems and my experiences with the Bates Method. Every time I told my friends about it and that I'm sure one can improve his eyesight they stared at me as if I were completely mad. Nobody I know believes that this is possible.
As I read the success stories (especially the one posted by Rainald) I found my problems being very similar to others. For four years I have glasses now but I'm wearing them only when watching TV or in school when I can't read the letters at the blackboard.
I'm also not doing every exercise of the Bates Method but the highest relaxation I acchieve by sunning and, of course by palming. Sunning let me eyes feel warm, gently and comfortable. Sometimes when palming I have problems to relax because I know that I have to relax now. Then I have also difficulties in producing pictures or remembrances.
The exercise I even can't do is swinging, which is really bad because everyone says it has such remarkable effects on the eyesight (I have myopia, -1,25 L and -1,75 R).
But what really gets me mad is that every day I have several clear flashes but no one does stay. Each time I blink they are gone. Mostly the improvement is little or average, but sometimes I just have normal eyesight. Then I don't want to blink because I know that it will be gone then (just like Rainald said) and look around admiring the brightness and the beauty around me. But not blinking causes that I feel a pain in my eyes and they get filled with tears. So I have to blink and the clearness is gone.
This happens also when I stare far off. My eyes get weary and then I have to stop and I have no choice but looking at a low distance to calm my eyes again.
I think my poor eyesight is absolutely psychic. Perhaps I don't want my eyes to be able to see well.
However, perhaps one ov you can help me.

Thanks

PS.: Please excuse my bad English. I'm from Germany  Wink
Hi Truper,

It's funny how the non-native English speakers write better than most native ones.

You really just need to take what you can get and keep practicing, and your clear flashes will get better and longer. Every flash you have, every piece of progress you experience, never really does go away. They continue to exist and get compounded. So even clear vision that goes away quickly is still another step towards having clear vision all the time, as long as that's the direction you're moving in.

Affirmations have gotten a bad rep, but they can be powerful when appropriately used. Like when meditating, when you have the best chance of reaching your higher self, say "I release the need for the blurry vision. I know I asked for it, and I appreciate you doing it for me, but I don't need it anymore, and I want to see again."

You won't necessarily get a result right away, but your higher self may have heard and understood and may be working to give you what you want.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Truper,

I thought to give you a reply, based on Dr Bates' recommendations and my own experiences.

The normal eyesight you are talking about are clear flashes, they come at those instants that your facial muscles are completey relaxed. Don't hurry, you are making progress, but bringing relaxation to your eye muscles is what that makes your eyes see better. Just relax instead of forcing your eyes to see better.

Swinging is realizing the movements, for example, when you are walking you must realize the movement of everything towards you. When sitting on a car you must realize the movement of the other cars, the track and etc. That will bring relaxation to your eye muscles.

For mental pictures, You must not force the mind to bring mental pictures in. You should let the mind to do so. I think that producing mental pictures of familiar objects, is one way. Producing a perfect mental picture of a block dot is another. When looking at black objects, you can imagine that one black dot in it is the blackest.

Good luck,
Thank you for answering!  Smile
...and thanks for the compliment, Dave  Wink

Yes, you both are right. One of my problems or perhaps my biggest problem is that I force my eyes to see. I thought a lot about accepting the blurry vision and was sure I had acknowledged it. But in fact, I've never accepted it at all. Everytime I look far off I want to see clear and sharp and I don't even think of accepting that it might be not time for it yet. Then I'm always bothered that my stupid eyes don't work. Actually I know that but sometimes one has to get it said by someone else to recognize it...

Thanks then!  Big Grin

In the meantime I think I should have posted this in the thread "clear flashes get clearer" by elias?

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download