MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
my story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my story
it all started in 5th grade i was introduced to a pretty cool game called runescape before that i never used computer i had perfect 20/20 vision now i'm in 8th grade i quited runescape like 6 months ago but last time i went eye doctor my eye sight was 20/80 i do not know why but i hope it's not glaucoma please some one help me and is it possible for me to get 20/20 vision agian because when i'm 16 and start driving i don't wana wear glasses or contact and plus that i need to sit front of all my classes and can barely see whiteboard there so how sad is that. my story.
Hi, welcome to the forum,

Computer use per se has nothing to do with your deteroriated vision. Perhaps your poor habits you used to see at the distance (straining to make out objects, squinting, staring etc.) have been carried over to the near point which is why near point work strains your eyes and makes it even harder for you to see in the distance; you are entrenching your staring habits too much, not looking around the room enough, not looking into the distance enough, not noticing the illusion that those with normal vision have of how stationary objects appear to move in a direction opposite their head and eye movement. It could also partly be a fusion problem which may be improved using certain excercises The main point is that you don't know how to shift correctly, which you need to relearn. It's hard to do if you don't know what you're doing wrong, and that is why it takes people a long time to learn how to move their eyes correctly.

Personally I wish I had 20/80 unaided visual acuity! Nor do I have any doubt you'll get back to 20/20. Without diminishing your concerns, your best bet would be to check with your eye doctor if you've got glaucoma. I would have thought it would be unlikely to get this at your age, and there should have been some sign of that during your last visit. The eye doctor is trained to check for all those things.

If I were you I'd attempt to contact a Bates teacher and get some advice on getting a reduced prescription and learn how to shift, practising central fixation, and use good visual hygine habits through those. You might be able to get away with glasses half the strength you've got now. Palming could really help you too. In short, there's a huge amount you could do to help yourself if you get the right advice.

Additionally to this site, some other good sites for you to check out would be:

http://'http://www.effortlessvision.com
http://www.cleareyesight.info
http://visionimprovementcenter.com

Cheers and best of luck, John
Dear Friend,

Subject: It is not "Glaucoma".

Re: The OD or MOD is REQUIRED to test for that -- and tell you if you have it.

> it all started in 5th grade i was introduced to a pretty cool game called runescape before that i never used computer i had perfect 20/20 vision now i'm in 8th grade i quited runescape like 6 months ago but last time i went eye doctor my eye sight was 20/80 i do not know why but i hope it's not glaucoma please some one help me and is it possible for me to get 20/20 vision agian because when i'm 16 and start driving i don't wana wear glasses or contact and plus that i need to sit front of all my classes and can barely see whiteboard there so how sad is that. my story.

Otis> This is truly a "sad story". But an incredible number of students get "into it". You are not the only one.

Otis> Dr. Bates objected to the use of a minus (the only "instant" solution). But the real issue is for you to "clear" your Snellen under your control.

Otis> I would suggest reading Dr. Bates, and statements by other medical doctors who "object" to the use of a minus, and are researching prevention. This is Alex's library on these issues, and I think it of value to read it:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org/">http://www.i-see.org/</a><!-- m -->

You will find Dr. Bates book in that library.

Best of luck,

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download