MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
eye floaters anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eye floaters anyone?
Hi,
Ever since I started wearing glasses, the age 11, I was able to see eye floaters. Drs at the time told me people with myopia do see more of these eye floaters.

I notice the eye floaters often, I also space-out with my eyes often.. Now (3 days and counting) I concentrate on seeing objects, shifting, sketching etc.. and when I catch myself starting to notice floaters or zone out I stop myself and go back to 'seeing'.

Has anyone here experienced eye floaters? did they go away as your eyesight improved?
My floaters have decreased in the several years I've been doing NVI. They're not gone, but they bother me much less, probably because I'm more relaxed overall. I used to have one startlingly large amoeba-like one which about 2 years ago broke up into a small cloud of shiny specks. My floaters continue to slowly decrease over time.

I'd also like to know about other people's experience with this.
I have a floater, a tiny gray circle with a gray dot in the middle. Sometimes two identical ones close to each other. I've actually found that one of the best ways to relax my vision is to look at a bright white surface and wait for the floaters to show up, and then consciously relax and shift until they disappear.
When I was in Catholic middle school, the nuns used to tell us that original sin was like a little black spot on our souls. I think they were describing their own floaters. I was (mis?-)diagnosed as 'myopic' when i entered the 7th grade at St. Paul Catholic Grade School.
Great hearing from all of you, thanks.
I had some floaters but this is nothing to worry about. Just blink-shift and they will fade away almost instantly! Smile
Have a nice day!
I agree, yesterday I ignored them and blinked, shifted etc.. and my attention was taken away from them. In the past I used to stare at the floaters some times, now I know better.
Relaxation, shifting, central fixation and not worring, not concentrating on floaters blocks out the appearance of floaters.
Cleansing diet, no caffiene. Some people get floaters when trying to detox off caffiene. Hormone changes can cause them.
Staring, straing seems to bring them back sometimes.
I am addicted to coffee.
Greetings everyone. I am new here but have been watching the board since a year ago when I started NVI. This board has been very helpful along the way, so thank you all for your contributions.

Seeker, I've had tons of floaters for about 20 years now. They've gotten greater in number over the years, but not too much greater than when I first noticed them. They can be a sign of many things including eye disease but do not worry too much unless you suddenly see a huge burst of them one day, or if they're accompanied by flashes of light, etc.

I find I will notice them more on days *after* I strain a lot. So if you are noticing them more, consider whether you have been straining earlier in the day or the previous day, and correct the situation if so.

Don't "try" to make them go away, and don't try to see them either. Just think about what you *want* to see and pay as little attention to them as possible. In this case, "out of mind, out of sight".

I believe we see these floaters so much because first they are present due to eyestrain, but this is made worse by the fact our eyes are adjusted "close in", diffusing the light which makes up the picture we want to see, and therefore the only clear thing left is the floaters inside the eye. So you notice them more since everything else is not sharp. Making sense?

As your picture of the world gets sharper, these floaters will become less and less noticable because they will pale in comparison to the "sharp" image you will have.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. Many yrs ago, a Dr. once told me that people with myopia see floaters exactly as you stated, because our eyes focus is mis-focusing!

I am digging out my perscriptions from the last few years, funny how I had astigmatism at times and didnt at other times.. apparently the eye does change . Wink
Yeah, a sudden increase, burst of many floaters, raining down, flashes of light can mean detached retina.
Get a good eye exam.
Stay away from glasses.
Glasses cause eye muscle tension which pulls, presses on the eye and retina resulting in detachment and other eye diease.
Head injury can cause it.
The people I have know that had detached retina, macula degeneration wore thick glasses for many years.
If doctor says your eyes are healthy, dont woorry about the plain floaters many people experience.
Migrain headache can cause flashing lights.
Sinus headache and eyestrain can cause small flashes (dots) of light.
clarknight Wrote:Yeah, a sudden increase, burst of many floaters, raining down, flashes of light can mean detached retina.
Get a good eye exam.
Stay away from glasses.
Glasses cause eye muscle tension which pulls, presses on the eye and retina resulting in detachment and other eye diease.
Head injury can cause it.
The people I have know that had detached retina, macula degeneration wore thick glasses for many years.
If doctor says your eyes are healthy, dont woorry about the plain floaters many people experience.
Migrain headache can cause flashing lights.
Sinus headache and eyestrain can cause small flashes (dots) of light.

I kinda have to wear glasses (I use contacts) for now.. My eyesight is at -7 based on my prescription from earlier this yr. But I use -6 contacts and now see very sharply. So I just managed to get -5.5 and -5 contacts that I will wear, and as my sight improves go down to 5.. Then, get an eye exam and a new prescription and try go go down to 4 .. all the way to no contacts / glasses. hopefully
Your reversing to weaker prescriptions - thats good - it allows the eye muscles to relax - pressure, tension lessening on/in the eyes - eye problems reversed/prevented.
I do advise people to use reduced glasses and avoid contacts.
Contacts can scrape/injure the cornea. The cornea changes shape often and even more as Bates method returns eye/cornea to normal shape. The contacts will not fit the changing cornea shape. Contact lense solutions have been contaminated with bacteria and people have lost their eye from this. It was on the news a few times. The contact lense businesses hide this fact.
Also, contacts block all full spectrum sunlight from entering the eye, pupil.
Glasses allow some sunlight around the edges and can be taken off more often, easier.
Many people have (had?) floaters.

I know people who have had them and just realized when they were stressing out.

I know some people that have 20/20 who have floaters.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now