MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
woman on youtube improves eyesight by using lower prescripti

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
woman on youtube improves eyesight by using lower prescripti
she improves her eyesight by just using lower prescription eyeglasses until she has 20/20 ??

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RzcF2dV-A&feature=channel">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RzcF2d ... re=channel</a><!-- m -->

If this method works, how could I do it ?

I live in the UK by the way

Im going to ring my optician tomorrow, explain to him that I am interested in this technique, and I assume I would require about 10 different pair of glasses, each subsequently weaker until I can see 20/20.
Dear Fuggles,

Subject: The OD will give you an "argument" -- if you ask for "reduced" prescription.

I would suggest just getting your current prescription, reduce it by 1 or 2 diopters, and wear it around the house while you practice Bates. You will need the full strength minus to pass the DMV test however, and to drive legally.

Also, as Bates strongly suggested, get a Snellen chart and practice clearing your vision that way.

When you get to 20/40 or better you can stop wearing the minus.

Good luck,
Whats the snellen method , I have one on my eye chart now I can use
You can order eyeglasses quite cheaply online, specifying your own prescription. This might be a way of circumventing the problem of convincing a puzzled and bewildered optician to humour you.
Dear Mordant,

Subject: Getting discusted with the "anti-Bates" attitude.

Not receiveing ANY INFORMATION about Dr. Bates methods when I was at 20/40 to 20/70. (The functional-myopia level.)

I am truly pissed off about that "attitude" that Bates was wrong, and that it is OK to not tell the innocent public about his methods -- when they can have the maximum benificial effect.

You can't "negociate" with an OD about this. He will assume that YOU are telling HIM how to do "optometry". That simply does not "work" either.

Imagination-blindness should adress that issue -- of ODs who are blind to Bates-prevention.

I finally "gave up" on these ODs. I obtained my own trial-lens kit (for measuring my refractive STATUS), practice reading the Snellen, and would "prescribe" a lens for myself if an when necessary.

You can obtain these lenses from Zennioptical.com at a price of about $10, and $5 for shipping. This compares with the typical cost of $150 to $250 for glasses from an OD.

But, as per Dr. Bates statement (about to get functional myopia to clear from 20/70 to normal) you must confirm you read the 20/40 line to pass the DMV test.

You must always be "leagal" and the 20/40 line is very reasonable.

Good luck,

Otis
WHat do I get when I am buying glasses.

I do not understand the measurements etc

I am your average typical galsses wearing person. I can just about see the top line on the snellen. I am , i suppose, 20/400

I AM IN THE UK, find me a UK WEBSITE

again, tell me what to buy, I need numbers and figures and prescriptions, I do not know what I am looking for.

I am going to try the weaker lens technique

edit : I do not know what precription I am.

I can tell you though that I am just a regular myopia person who can just about see the top line on a snellen.

From a Uk, website , tell me what to order IF i did want to get reduced lenses. i dont understand the numbers, spheres, balance, cylinder and axis etc.

What am I now, and what do I need to get for reduced lenses, to help me udnerstand the numbers.

Thank you.
Relax. It's simple. Zenni will ship to the UK. If you don't want an astigmatism correction, & my behavioral optometrist doesn't recommend one unless you've been wearing glasses with a strong one more than -2, all you need is right lens (OD), left lens (OS), & PD. PD is the distance between your pupils in millimeters, which you can measure yourself in a mirror or get a friend's help with. Reduce your current prescription by a diopter or so, in each eye, or more if they feel way too strong for you. If you have an older weaker pair of glasses to use as a guide, or "computer glasses" which are weaker than distance glasses, you can use this prescription. Or go to an optometrist & ask for a 20/40 prescription, then work from that on your own. Many people have gone this route with great success.
Okay, help me understand this.

Right now, I am wearing 20/20 glasses.

If I want perfect eyesight, I would need 20/400 glasses. or 20/200

so to improve my eyesight I would need,

20/40 glasses

then 20/50

then 20/70

then 20/100

then 20/200

totalling 5 pairs of glasses that I need to buy or get from my optician.

Is this correct ?
Take it one step at a time -- you're thinking about the end of your journey before you've even left the house! This end-gaining behavior is insidious & really a difficult habit to break: I'm still working on this myself.

As you use weaker glasses your vision will relax & improve. However vision is not static so it will fluctuate, & there may be times when you see less clearly from being stressed or tired -- this does not mean you need stronger glasses! It means you need to relax & rest.

Do as much without any glasses as you can. Start with one 20/40 pair & see how that works for you. It may seem too strong quickly & you'll want an even weaker pair, or it may seem like a struggle to see well enough. Don't judge yourself or try to keep to some predetermined standard of "progress": work with what shows up. You may find you can do a lot more without glasses than you realized, or you may find you need your 20/20 glasses to feel comfortable. Either of these will teach you something valuable about yourself.

Trust yourself & your natural vision. Your eyes & brain know very well how to see, they just need the chance to show you that.
The woman on youtube still wears glasses so I'm not taking too seriously anymore.
Dear Friend,

Subject: Yes she must temporarily use a minus lens to drive -- until she clears her Snellen.

What you choose to take seriously is of course up to you.

Here is my opinion:

If Dr. Bates study was started, and the person used these varoius methods before any minus lens was appled, they could probably avoid entry into serious myopia.

But that means "accepting" 20/60 to 20/70 vision WHILE working with Bates, until you pass the DMV test and can discard the minus lens because you pass that test.

The woman in this video has that choice. I doubt that she needs several pairs of minus lenses. She seems to work OK with no lens on her face. They also mention Dr. Bates in this video.

I think this woman has the imgaination to see prevention in her future.

Best,

Otis

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now