MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
what prescription am i

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what prescription am i
I have regular myopia, I can just about see the top line of the snellen

what numbers am I ?

I am looking for weaker glasses on ebay UK and the numbers confuse me
Dear Fuggles,
Subject: The first step of responsiblity.
You can not "go" from a Snellen reading to a "lens".
But you can get a close estimate.
Could you print-out this Snellen, and the post it at 20 feet?
Then put a bright light on it.
Then determine which line you can read 1/2 the letters correctly with both eyes open.
If you will do that for us, then we can provide an estimate of the amount of "minus" it will take to clear your vision (as a temporary measure -- until you get Dr. Bates method to work effectively for you. Here is the Snellen-- FOR FREE:

Use the Joel Schnier chart please:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html">http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html</a><!-- m -->

For easy use on your computer:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

The journey of 1,000 miles -- starts with a single step. This is the first step in improving your functional myopia.

Best,
okay i can see the top letter. I have typical myopia. Give me some numbers/prescription.

im looking for reduced lenses anyway , which will make the snellen more difficult to read

otis - this is what I want you to do for me.

1) find a uk website, or ebay, that sells prescription glasses.

2) I do not understand the nubmers. All i can tell you is I have typical myopia and I can see the top letter.

3) Find me a pair of glasses for a reduced lens, that meets my requirements of steps 1 and 2.

4) I presume , otis, reduced lenses will make it harder for me to see the top line, But hopefully I adjust.

5) Finally, otis, I want you to explain the numbers/prescription I should get so I can look for them myself. And what nubmer/prescription is perfect eyesight. I think, although im not sure, that I would require about 6 or 7 pairs of glasses of reduced lenses to get me to 20/20,

6) make an estimate at what prescription/number I am now, and tell me what reduced lenses I should get

7) thank you otis. please respond in a similar way of simplicity.
I think step 6 might be the most important to me. You may agree also otis.

I am doing this, until I get some improvement from palming. I have never improved from palming, not once, ever.

I have done the long swing, but didn't feel anything, it just felt like I was moving my legs, no eyesight improvement at all.

I presume 7 pairs of glasses because there are 7 to 10 lines on the snellen.
Dear Fruggles,

When you say you can see the "top letter" of a Snellen --t hat could be ALMOST ANYTIHG. Sometimes it is the 20/70 line (on some charts).
On other charts it is the "Big E", which would be 20/20. Further there are other charts that are "different" even from these charts -- so it is impossible to judge your visual acuity until you can determine which SIZE letter you can read.
Please take a ruler out and measure the SIZE of the letter when you say "Top Letter". That would help a great deal.
To futner respond:

okay i can see the top letter. I have typical myopia. Give me some numbers/prescription.
Otis> With this vague information -- giving you any advice is impossible.

im looking for reduced lenses anyway , which will make the snellen more difficult to read
Otis> That can not be done -- until you know the size of the letters you can read, i.e., your visual acuity. NO one would "prescribe" on the information you provided thus far.

otis - this is what I want you to do for me.

1) find a uk website, or ebay, that sells prescription glasses.
Otis> Try Zennioptical .com

2) I do not understand the nubmers. All i can tell you is I have typical myopia and I can see the top letter.
Otis> It is impossible to give you any advice at all until you understand what you are reading. Sorry.

3) Find me a pair of glasses for a reduced lens, that meets my requirements of steps 1 and 2.
Otis> Not possible.

4) I presume , otis, reduced lenses will make it harder for me to see the top line, But hopefully I adjust.

5) Finally, otis, I want you to explain the numbers/prescription I should get so I can look for them myself. And what nubmer/prescription is perfect eyesight. I think, although im not sure, that I would require about 6 or 7 pairs of glasses of reduced lenses to get me to 20/20,

6) make an estimate at what prescription/number I am now, and tell me what reduced lenses I should get

7) thank you otis. please respond in a similar way of simplicity.

Otis> You have to be able to do certain steps as I stated. If you can't do thim, then I can not help you. Perehaps other members of i-
I still think you're end-gaining, worried about getting to the finish line when you haven't even gone 1/2 mile yet. When you say you can read the snellen top letter, is that from 20 feet? From 3 feet? A measurement of 20/40 means you can read the "40" line from 20 feet. The numerator is how close you are to the chart & the denominator is which line you're reading.So if you can read the 200 line at 20 feet but nothing lower, your vision is 20/200. If you can read the 70 line from 20 feet but nothing lower your vision is 20/70. If you wear glasses now, what prescription is that? That is probably a guideline as to where you should start reducing from.
Nancy Wrote:I still think you're end-gaining, worried about getting to the finish line when you haven't even gone 1/2 mile yet. When you say you can read the snellen top letter, is that from 20 feet? From 3 feet? A measurement of 20/40 means you can read the "40" line from 20 feet. The numerator is how close you are to the chart & the denominator is which line you're reading.So if you can read the 200 line at 20 feet but nothing lower, your vision is 20/200. If you can read the 70 line from 20 feet but nothing lower your vision is 20/70. If you wear glasses now, what prescription is that? That is probably a guideline as to where you should start reducing from.

from 20 feet

I dont know my prescription. these glasses are years old. Okay, well i must be 20/200. But when you buy glasses online it doesnt say 'what are you in terms of 20/ ?' , it just has a number of a minus !!!!!! So I need the proper optical term of measurement, not going by 20/ ?. From looking at the snellen I am 20/200.

Now, what do I do from here ?

My point is , when I buy glasses online, and you choose the measurements and prescription, or on ebay, it does not ask you for the measurements by what you are on the snellen. That is my point.
Okay, news update.

My opticians are going to post me my prescription.

From there I should be able to work my way backwards.

I will upload the prescription as soon as I get it. I think i understand it a little bit more after reading about it.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now