MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Frustration!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustration!!
Hi i am new to this forum and fairly new to bates eye methods. It feels like I'm going up and down a rollercoaster doing bates methods. One week i am improving incredibly and then the next it's back to a blur again. I find that i know what i should do but my eyes have a mind of their own and don't want to relax or central fixated this becomes very apparent when looking at a snellen chart. All of this makes me feel very frustrated so please give me some advice to go back up again.

BTW I'm only 17 so I'm unsure if it will work
My perscription is;
Right -1.25 sph -0.75cyl 17 axis
Left -1.25sph -0.75cyl 2.5axis
Although no i feel my right eye is better the reason i think it wasn't before is because i have no fold in my right eye but have fold on the left which makes my right eye smaller (disadvantages of being Chinese eh Smile). Also i never wear my glasses if this helps.
My glasses are weaker than yours -1.00 each eye, and I also become frustated trying to go without them. I think that the frustration is trying to see thru the blur without them, verses the crystal clear vision with them. Also my eyes are so relaxed with them on, and feel strained without them.
  I have read that minus lenses act as a stimulant to the muscles, so that is probably why they feel so good when wearing them.
  I have tried on a friends minus 2.00 glasses and the relaxed feeling in my eyes is even more incredible than with my minus 1.00, but I dont see distant objects as well.
Hello Jason,

I don't know if you have looked at the other posts or not but you are not the only one who gets frustrated. My prescribed glasses were much more stronger than yours -2.5 both. But when I realized that Bates was mostly correct, I put them away. Look, you must be a believer first, if you really want improvements.

Glasses make you feel good, just because you see better with them, that's all. The strained feeling without glasses is not real! I had the strained feeling too, when I first put my glasses away, but now I have the strained feeling when putting even weaker lenses on my eyes! You have to put considerable time at first, to see that it really works. But you must do it right. if you practice with your chart while straining, it has no good. You should learn not to strain by palming, swinging or sunning.

By the way, I suggest you browse the forum. This will give you some idea about what it is all about.

Elias
Thank you for the replies, I have browsed the forums and i think the frustration is just caused by my anxiety to improve at a faster rate but after reading some posts i know i cannot rush this and it will take time. I would just like to improve enough so I can legally drive without corrective vision, which in the UK is reading a number plate from 20.5 metres. I guess i will keep plodding along and see what happens.
Bifocal Wrote:My glasses are weaker than yours -1.00 each eye, and I also become frustated trying to go without them. I think that the frustration is trying to see thru the blur without them, verses the crystal clear vision with them. Also my eyes are so relaxed with them on, and feel strained without them.
  I have read that minus lenses act as a stimulant to the muscles, so that is probably why they feel so good when wearing them.

Your eyes feel strained without glasses because you are straining more when you're not wearing them. This is understandable given that most people probably don't want to see a blur, and one of the reasons you developed myopia is because you "try" to see things. Overcoming your myopia will include learning to see distant objects without trying to.

It seems reasonable to me to suggest that minus lenses act as a stimulant to eye muscles, but only if you qualify it with "because it makes them exert effort". This is opposite of what you want, however Smile
Dear Jason,

Subject:  Excessive reliance on an OD -- and OVER-correction.

My perscription is;

Right -1.25 sph -0.75cyl 17 axis

Left -1.25sph -0.75cyl 2.5axis

To BREAK this dependency on an OD, I would suggest the following:

1.  READ YOUR OWN SNELLEN

With a prescription like that of -1.25 diopters, (over-prescribed I would think) I would believe that you could read the 20/50 line to 20/40 line in daylight.

Thus, if you are NOT driving a car -- you do not need, and should not wear that minus lens.

I have an easy-to-use Snellen you can use on my monitor for that purpose as EyeChart #2. 

I support second-opinion Bates -- BECAUSE HE HAD THE GUTS TO ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THIS TERRIBLE MINUIS-LENS SYSTEM.

These second-opinion methods are difficult because they are SLOW.  But once you understand that issue -- the next issue becomes CLEARING by your personal use of Bates, the  "plus" or a combination of both.

Keep up the good work.  True prevention is indeed difficult -- but worth it if you succeed.

Best,

Otis

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download