MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Not fearing the Sun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not fearing the Sun
Perhaps the most hotly debated & feared method of improving eyesight put forth by Dr. Bates is the Sun treatment. A lot of people believe they will go blind or burn their eyes if they do not protect their eyes from the Sun. People almost never allow direct Sunlight into their eyes let alone focused rays from a dreadful-sounding burning glass. This results in increased sensitiveness to light & worsening of vision. A lot of misunderstanding is present around this concept & I feel to clear things up personally.
=====================
What is Sun Treatment
=====================
Looking at the Sun with naked eyes is as simple as it is harmless. A more effective form is called Sun treatment using a burning glass.
The burning glass as mentioned in 'Cure of Imperfect Sight...' is used to focus sunlight upon the sclera (white part of the eye).
If the thought of burning paper & a magnifying glass is hitting your mind, know this that the burning glass is not a magnifying glass. It is never focused to burn & is NOT held for more than fractions of a second to avoid heating. The underlying purpose is to accustom the eyes to light for good.
Since a burning glass is not practical at all places, looking at the Sun & shifting while imagining it to swing is a suitable albeit slower alternative.
==========================
My Experience with the Sun
==========================
In the beginning, I too disliked the Sun because I couldn't keep my eyes open. I would squint all the time outside in bright sunlight. After I spent a lot of convincing myself, I opened my eyes for fractions of a second. Horrified by the afterimages, I didn't look at the Sun again until those afterimages disappeared. They did disappear & after a very short duration. So I decided to try again & this time around I had kept my eyes open for a few seconds, once again the afterimages disappeared after a while. I saw my vision clearing & convinced myself to do it frequently.
Since then, I've been looking at the Sun randomly to great benefits - reduced sensitiveness to light resulting in better vision.
If the Sun is not available, its memory is good enough. Imagining the Sun swinging is extremely effective if done correctly PLUS it can be done with or without the Sun.
Yeah, Sun is beneficial for me too.
Never had more than some "scotomata" but i realized immediately that they are a product of mental strain. They fade away completely or partially as you relax.
And my practices with the sun.

Sometimes when is after 4 pm and is summer i look on the sun directly for a few seconds/minutes. This is very nice felling. Sun isnt rising too much in that time. After i see some big yellow circle, but after 10-90 minutes its disappear. I have never felt that the sun give me a better sight. One positive is that, when i drive the car, i musnt have obscure a glass( when the sun is rising directly on drivers, then they do something to cover it ).
No looking at or near the sun on July 11th, Sunday - Solar Eclipse.
clarknight Wrote:No looking at or near the sun on July 11th, Sunday - Solar Eclipse.

I haven't seen the sun this whole week, its cloudy all the time.
chris90 Wrote:I always do this when i was a kid, but my eyes couldn't get any better. What could you suggest?!

They certainly did got better, you didn't realize because the strain in your head overpowered your vision & made it worse. Learn shifting, palming to increase relaxation you gain. Remember the sun & swing it, do it while looking at the sun if possible.
That's amazing, imagining the sun swinging really relaxes me.

Fortunately it's big enough to remember.
Not during eclipse! No sunning during a solar eclipse. Causes eye injury I have been told, why chance it.
Anyone else know more on this? Why? Cause light rays are different, unbalance during eclipse??
From what I understand, it has something to do with the sun not feeling as intense to look at when it's being eclipsed, and if people watch it when they normally wouldn't look at the sun it can be too much for them without it being obvious at first. So as always, be careful with the sun.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Where I live, there is hardly any observable eclipse (I've seen 2 lunar but none solar) - I'll try to find out what is possible during an eclipse.
Its been almost 3 weeks I haven't seen the Sun. Clouds have been blocking it, Does anyone know how to get by these times without the Sun?
To get over the dissimilarity in vision between the two eyes, the better eye needs to rest in order for the worse eye to act & get back in shape, one way is to wear a patch over the better eye & walk around the streets until someone calls 911. The other is to palm over the better eye like you've got a black eye.

A third way that works for me is by exposing the worse eye repeatedly to the Sun while palming the better eye & palming both eyes in short breaks. The convenient thing about doing it is you never really feel completely blind because the scotomata is present only in the worse eye. Even better is that it cannot bother you in full intensity thanks to the dominance of the better eye which has no scotomata. You will see scotomata mixed with the vision you currently have, & this even helps in determining how dominant is the better eye by looking at a piece of white paper in bright daylight.
How frequently you see the white paper alternate into a different color (red mostly) will determine the dominance of the better eye. If the frequency of color change is nearly equal, that means you have gained nearly equal visual acuity in both the eyes.

A major Clear Flash booster along with this activity is to imagine the distance (as in the case of myopes) as it is seen immediately complete with blur & scotomata in extreme haste as haste prevents any chance of thought strain creeping into your imagination ruining the otherwise perfectly imagined sequence of images.
Accuracy is redundant in the case of imagination & so is perfection, it is easier to imagine anything apparently imperfectly in less than a second than to imagine something perfectly taking too much time, enough to invite boredom into the process.
Once imagination has taken place, flash open your eyes - have a look at the imagined subject, take no more than a second & close your eyes again & imagine how the subject looked now, after you imagined it once before. Again, imagine it within a second & flash open your eyes & observe the changes this time & close your eyes.
It is a very intense & yielding activity if it is done correctly, the spontaneousness of your imagination will decide how quickly you regain eyesight at the instant.
Our perception of intense sunlight includes hardness. In full sun, squinting our eyes shadow, the scope of sunglasses. Sunlight is very difficult it can be flattering to some issues. I love taking photos of buildings on the solar disk. People or flowers.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now