MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bunch of Suggestions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bunch of Suggestions
I have a lot of suggestions which might help bring interest back into the site. I'm posting my suggestions as a list in groups - here it goes :-
========
Features
========
-> Automatic Redirection to the topic last visited after posting a reply
-> Automatic Redirection to the topic newly created in any forum
-> Embedding links into text
===========
Appearance
===========
-> New banner for the site covering entire window or centered image
-> Different color scheme for the site
-> Deep black background slightly visible on the sides would be great
-> Different fonts for forum/topic headings
-> Inclusion of more smilies while removal of the following two - 8) O0

* Those two smilies subliminally promote excluding sunlight from eyes.
** As for the Banner, I'd suggest an eye with the reflection of the Sun visible on the eye.

My expectations may be unrealistic but I believe they will help the site.
Remove these two smilies? 8) O0 That's crazy talk. They are simply urban- and afro- related. Are you anti-urbano-africano? I'm not.
JMartinC4 Wrote:Remove these two smilies? 8) O0 That's crazy talk. They are simply urban- and afro- related. Are you anti-urbano-africano? I'm not.
Did I not mention it was a suggestion? "Myopia is curable" can be crazy talk to most people. What term would you use for those who support it?
2xtreme2fit Wrote:
JMartinC4 Wrote:Remove these two smilies? 8) O0 That's crazy talk. They are simply urban- and afro- related. Are you anti-urbano-africano? I'm not.
Did I not mention it was a suggestion? "Myopia is curable" can be crazy talk to most people. What term would you use for those who support it?
I like your other suggestions.
I would use the term 'enlightened', or 'illuminated', or 'truth seekers', or perhaps 'anti-magical thinkers'.
Lenses work like magic. They are sleight of hand. Ledgerdemain. Smoke and mirrors. The lens is quicker than the eye.
The Bates Methodology is not.
Neither is knowledge of neonatal eye antibiotics.
O0 8)
Thank you for not starting an internet war because I would certainly have started one.
Still I am more reluctant about addition of smilies. BTW, if anyone is thinking that the site already has redirection feature, I'm talking about the page that loads whilst the redirection is being done. I think its unnecessary & probably eats some bandwidth as well.

Also, don't try to annoy me. Tongue
As far as the color scheme and banner, do you mean on the main home page at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org">http://www.iblindness.org</a><!-- m --> or the forum home here?

I could change either banner. I've got rudimentary photo editing skills, but maybe someone here can make a better one, and I can add it in. The forum colors are just part of a template, so I would probably need to put in either a new template to match a new banner or at least something that doesn't clash with it badly.

I tend to think that people often want to see their post in the topic after posting, to confirm it's there and maybe to quickly read over it, rather than being redirected back to the forum.

You can embed links just by typing the address. Or using the URL button. Are you thinking of something else?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
David Wrote:As far as the color scheme and banner, do you mean on the main home page at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org">http://www.iblindness.org</a><!-- m --> or the forum home here?
I mean color scheme for the forum.
Quote:I could change either banner. I've got rudimentary photo editing skills, but maybe someone here can make a better one, and I can add it in.
Pity I don't have any photo editing skills. BTW, did you like my suggestion for the banner at the top? The 'Sun on the eye' thing?
Quote:I tend to think that people often want to see their post in the topic after posting, to confirm it's there and maybe to quickly read over it, rather than being redirected back to the forum.
The intermediate page that loads after submitting a topic or reply is probably unnecessary.
I was trying to embed links into text the wrong way previously but anyways I learned it from the code of another post so I get it now.

Thanks for replying,
I found a pic which closely resembles my concept of a new banner for iblindness.org community forum. It can be used as a base for the new banner.
The Sun's reflection could be added in the center of the eye for dramatic effect.

[Image: npklye.jpg]
A small suggestion -> While SEARCHING User's posts, the full posts would be shown instead of a snippet & a Jump to Thread/Topic button to be added.

I also noticed that if the snippet has a QUOTE, a quote code is seen without the box like the one you'd see while posting replies.
David, place a link on the forum to your main website for: free books, articles, bookstore . I cant seem to find a link that brings me there from the forum. I like the new picture and title on the forum!
2xtreme2fit Wrote:A small suggestion -> While SEARCHING User's posts, the full posts would be shown instead of a snippet & a Jump to Thread/Topic button to be added.

I also noticed that if the snippet has a QUOTE, a quote code is seen without the box like the one you'd see while posting replies.

I don't have an easy way of modifying the built in search function, but if you click on the Search button and type in the user's name to search for, you can also change the last setting on the page to show the entire posts.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
clarknight Wrote:David, place a link on the forum to your main website for: free books, articles, bookstore . I cant seem to find a link that brings me there from the forum. I like the new picture and title on the forum!

Right, there should be a way I can insert in a link under the logo.
Site Administrator

David Wrote:I don't have an easy way of modifying the built in search function, but if you click on the Search button and type in the user's name to search for, you can also change the last setting on the page to show the entire posts.

Sorry if I ever sounded too demanding.

That kind of thing only happens through the profile page user posts search. That still isn't much of a problem & I appreciate your time.
Yeah, like this link. Sending lot of my readers to your Forum and now they can link directly to the new articles...
Now a guy wants a link back to the Forum on the top of the main page too. Too burnt out to scroll?
Oh well.

Clark
clarknight Wrote:Yeah, like this link. Sending lot of my readers to your Forum and now they can link directly to the new articles...
Now a guy wants a link back to the Forum on the top of the main page too. Too burnt out to scroll?
Oh well.

Would make life easy. Big Grin

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download