MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Driving lessons and eyesight predicament

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving lessons and eyesight predicament
Hi,
I have a slight predicament. I am learning to drive while trying to improve my vision. I can get away with not wearing my glasses at work and at home and going out but they are very much needed for driving. Anyway recently I decided to get some weaker prescription glasses. My proper prescription is:

Right
Sph: -1.00, Cyl: -0.50, Axis: 105
Left
Sph: -0.75, Cyl: -0.50, Axis: 80

Today I had a driving lesson involving road signs and guess what it seems my eyes aren't good enough to legally drive (have to read a number plate 20.5m away). Now I feel guilty because I wasted my driving instructors time and maybe even put myself or my driving instructor in danger. My predicament is that I need to learnt o drive but I also really want  improve my vision and driving really gets in the way. My mother is pushing me to do driving lessons but I would be willing to delay my learning as I really really want perfect vision. This is quite a predicament, how can I deal with this and also I know this is a bad question, but do you think I could realistically get the vision required to read a numberplate  20.5m in reasonable time? I am short-sighted by the way.

Thanks
otis Wrote:Your prescription would indicate an approximate 20/50 to 20/60
on the Snellen.

I know a girl with -2.25 with better Snellen results. She's about 20\40.
It's quite impossible to get 100% guess about dependency between diopters and Snellen results.
Magitek,

It's not an unrealistic expectation. People improve at very different speeds, because it's a learning process, and it can be tricky to learn a different way of using your eyes and actually make it a habit.

Otis - I don't mind occasional advertising, but since this is the Bates Method forum, can we keep plus lenses to the forum here designated for other methods?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download