MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Anyone here nearsighted?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here nearsighted?
Has anyone here that is nearsighted have Myopia have listened to the Greg Marsh natural vision restoration course?Since I have bought his course and not sure if there's an exact correct right way to do the swinging technique.

I'm almost 24yrs old and have been wearing glasses from the first thing in the morning after washing my face, until bedtime ever since I was 13yrs old.Before that I only wore glasses when at school.I started to wear glasses when I was in 1st grade.When I first got my glasses in 1st grade I sometimes wore at school.But for most part I didn't wear glasses.As the years went by I would wear the glasses more at school until I would wear it all day long during school hours.

I would like to improve my vision.I'm tired of the daily hassels of having to wear glasses for more than a decade.One of the things that bothers me having to wear glasses is when I get up in the morning or late at night I want to watch something on T.V and have to wear glasses and not being able to lay comfortable in my pillow.

I do the palming technique just by laying in bed since it's more comfortable, and I have the eye chart nailed to the ceiling.
valinter2004 Wrote:Anyone here nearsighted? by valinter2004 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:02 pm
Has anyone here that is nearsighted have Myopia have listened to the Greg Marsh natural vision restoration course?Since I have bought his course and not sure if there's an exact correct right way to do the swinging technique.
I'm almost 24yrs old and have been wearing glasses from the first thing in the morning after washing my face, until bedtime ever since I was 13yrs old.Before that I only wore glasses when at school.I started to wear glasses when I was in 1st grade.When I first got my glasses in 1st grade I sometimes wore at school.But for most part I didn't wear glasses.As the years went by I would wear the glasses more at school until I would wear it all day long during school hours.
I would like to improve my vision.I'm tired of the daily hassels of having to wear glasses for more than a decade.One of the things that bothers me having to wear glasses is when I get up in the morning or late at night I want to watch something on T.V and have to wear glasses and not being able to lay comfortable in my pillow.
I do the palming technique just by laying in bed since it's more comfortable, and I have the eye chart nailed to the ceiling.
Most of us are not 'myopic' because that term defines an organic irreversible condition wherein one's visual system is incapable of ever producing a flash of clear distance vision. Instead, we are 'nearsight-fixated' for reasons we don't fully understand; but by using the Bates Methods (among others) we have occasionally and for longer and longer durations been able to see into the distance with normal or better vision. Our goal is to learn to do that at will, and to gain permanent control over our own visual systems.
JMartinC4 Wrote:
valinter2004 Wrote:Anyone here nearsighted? by valinter2004 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:02 pm
Most of us are not 'myopic' because that term defines an organic irreversible condition wherein one's visual system is incapable of ever producing a flash of clear distance vision. Instead, we are 'nearsight-fixated' for reasons we don't fully understand; but by using the Bates Methods (among others) we have occasionally and for longer and longer durations been able to see into the distance with normal or better vision. Our goal is to learn to do that at will, and to gain permanent control over our own visual systems.
Oh I see.So this condition that I have is just called nearsightedness as with most of us that get it during school age.

I have heard from Greg Marsh the natural vision practitioner and other Bates websites one of the reasons that kids get nearsighted is a combination of mental, emotional stress, and or bad habits of how to use the eye when learning how to read & write.Not only that it's a learned habit from growing up people around like family members.So that's one of the reasons kids soon or later are getting eye glasses reasons being nearsighted.

No one in my family is nearsighted except my brother and sister, which they later became nearsighted were as I was the first one to be nearsighted.

When I do one of the techniques of the Bates method my improved eyesight only lasts for a few seconds.

I have thought of this that I have to take action and improve my vision since every few years my vision slowly becomes more nearsighted.
valinter2004 Wrote:Oh I see.So this condition that I have is just called nearsightedness as with most of us that get it during school age.
I have heard from Greg Marsh the natural vision practitioner and other Bates websites one of the reasons that kids get nearsighted is a combination of mental, emotional stress, and or bad habits of how to use the eye when learning how to read & write.Not only that it's a learned habit from growing up people around like family members.So that's one of the reasons kids soon or later are getting eye glasses reasons being nearsighted.
No one in my family is nearsighted except my brother and sister, which they later became nearsighted were as I was the first one to be nearsighted.
When I do one of the techniques of the Bates method my improved eyesight only lasts for a few seconds.
I have thought of this that I have to take action and improve my vision since every few years my vision slowly becomes more nearsighted.
I now prefer to call what I have as "nearpoint-fixation disorder'. Not 'myopia' or even 'nearsightedness'. Unfortunately each eye is unequally fixated and unequally astigmatic. I got lenses at 11 years old, but had actually never seen clearly into the distance and was probably fixated at the nearpoint since minutes after birth.
At 19 years old an optical technician suggested I should take my lenses off while reading in order to preserve my excellent nearsight. That led to my independently and accidentally discovering a method akin to 'palming' which produced a momentary flash of clear vision which intrigued me. But I lived in a small town and had no idea how to proceed trying to improve my vision. By trial and error I noticed that 'swaying' also helped with my vision - something like 'swinging'. A few years later I discovered a book by Margaret Darst Corbett, one of Dr. Bates' followers, which confirmed my observations. That book, "Help Yourself to Better Sight" has many different variations of the swinging method.
I think Greg Marsh is correct regarding stress, bad habits, and imitation of bad habits as the major contributors to nearpoint fixation, but what I think he and others are missing is the probable root cause of our disorder: neonatal eye antibiotics. (See the 2nd weblink in my signature below.) Few people seem to agree with me on that, though.
Is it true in order for me to improve my vision it would depend how often I wear my glasses?Since my vision is so bad that I need to wear glasses when doing things such as being at the computer, driving, washing the car, cooking, cleaning my room.Other than that I could try to not wear glasses as long as I don't have to drive, cook, do chores.
When you don't need to see with crystal clarity, wear a reduced prescription or none at all. Your goal is to relax and eliminate straining to see, and the stronger the correction, the more your visual system will be straining. Of course if you're doing something like driving where you need to see 20/40 or 20/50 to be legal and safe, you'll be anxious and straining to see if your natural or under-corrected vision isn't that good yet. Notice when and how you're straining to see, and let it go when you can, all the time. Your primary goal is not prescription X or "no glasses ever again!", it's to learn to relax and enjoy seeing. Those other things might come as side benefits if you keep at it.
Nancy Wrote:When you don't need to see with crystal clarity, wear a reduced prescription or none at all. Your goal is to relax and eliminate straining to see, and the stronger the correction, the more your visual system will be straining. Of course if you're doing something like driving where you need to see 20/40 or 20/50 to be legal and safe, you'll be anxious and straining to see if your natural or under-corrected vision isn't that good yet. Notice when and how you're straining to see, and let it go when you can, all the time. Your primary goal is not prescription X or "no glasses ever again!", it's to learn to relax and enjoy seeing. Those other things might come as side benefits if you keep at it.
So instead of going the whole day without wearing glasses I should wear one of my old eye glasses that I wore 8-5yrs ago?& whenever I drive I wear my current eye glasses that I have just got like a little over a year ago?

Speaking of starring I remember that I always would stare into things, stare and zone out as well.
error
Maybe you unconsciously prefer blur. Sounds crazy, but think about it - why else would your vision keep deteriorating even when you have strong magical glasses that initially bring your eyesight back to 20/20, but within a year or two they aren't strong enough anymore. It could be because your unconscious prefers blur, and gradually forces you to defeat the clear magic vision that it doesn't like. You like it just fine, prefer it even, but your unconscious thinks blurry distance vision is good and preferable. As an hours-old infant, you were probably given vision-blurring eye antibiotics unequally in each eye, and then soothed, even hypnotized, until that belief in 'blurry, unequal eyesight is good' was imprinted on you. The vision deterioration stabilized when your physical development (mostly height) stabilized. But now you're completely fixated at the nearpoint. Good luck with all that!
Smile
JMartinC4 Wrote:Maybe you unconsciously prefer blur. Sounds crazy, but think about it - why else would your vision keep deteriorating even when you have strong magical glasses that initially bring your eyesight back to 20/20, but within a year or two they aren't strong enough anymore. It could be because your unconscious prefers blur, and gradually forces you to defeat the clear magic vision that it doesn't like. You like it just fine, prefer it even, but your unconscious thinks blurry distance vision is good and preferable. As an hours-old infant, you were probably given vision-blurring eye antibiotics unequally in each eye, and then soothed, even hypnotized, until that belief in 'blurry, unequal eyesight is good' was imprinted on you. The vision deterioration stabilized when your physical development (mostly height) stabilized. But now you're completely fixated at the nearpoint. Good luck with all that!
Smile

I don't remember ever having blurry vision looking at a far away distance during 1st grade and before 1st grade.I remember being able to see well, well enough that I could do anything without my glasses unlike now were I find it hard to do just about anything i.e cooking without wearing glasses.

I know alot about alternative holistic medicine and was thinking about trying hydrogen peroxide therapy and see if that works.
Keep your focus on the goal: visual relaxation. Weaker glasses or none whenever possible -- the old weaker pair for computer work is a good start. Do what you can without glasses at all, and notice if you feel anxious. You are learning about your addiction to that artificially induced clarity, gathering information so you can change the situation.
As of today I have gone back to wearing my old eye glasses that I have got back in 2000, and think that probably this eye glasses perscription is from july or august of 2000 therefore being 10yrs ago.I do see things better than compared to wearing my old eye percreption glasses that I had back in 1998.

I have a question is their a right way to do the swinging technique?Is the whole key the Bates Method to imagine seeing things better without straining?Or your supposed to not think about that when doing the Bates Method?Since it would probably lead to straining in the eyes.
It's pretty hard to summarize the Bates method in just one key point. I guess that would be "relaxed attention". Don't try to see (let go of end-gaining), just let the clear images come into your visual system and notice them without grabbing at them. Swinging, palming, all the "exercises" are for the purpose of helping you relax and let go of strain. Often this strain is unconscious, and these techniques will make you aware of it so you can start to let it go. Imagining or remembering seeing something clearly is great, just don't TRY to see it clearly -- let it happen.
there's a torrent of it somewhere, the greg marsh cd
Lately I have tried wearing from the time I get up after washing my face until bedtime wear my old eye prescription glasses that I wore 12yrs ago.It has at times given me mild headache when wearing it.So I tried wearing my other old eye prescription glasses of 10yrs ago and sometimes I can feel my eye straining "trying" to see something that I have trouble seeing like 20 feet away.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now