MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Different method of gathering?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different method of gathering?
I don't know if you have heard of MIRC, but it's a program "Internet relay chat" don't know what the "M" stands for, forgot. It be great if someone can open up a channel for this site, that way people can go in ask questions or just talk about their experiences with others. The program can be found at http://www.mirc.com/ I would open one, but my knowledge of moderating these channels is limited.
Beetle,

That's a great idea. I tried it a few years ago and didn't get more than a couple visitors, but I never promoted it except on another forum. I would be open to creating and promoting a Bates channel on IRC if the interest level is high enough.

Would anyone else here be interested?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Actually, I think for the chat like this to work, we should organize meeting times.  Let's just say we meet at 9:00pm on Fridays to chat about different methods and everyone's progress Smile  Otherwise people join and see nobody there.

Paul
Good idea. I enter the chat room rarely, and only once did someone else come in (when I was away).

A weekday evening is probably good for most US members, probably around 6 or 7pm US Pacific Time to accommodate all three time zones.Unfortunately it's always tough for international members.

I'm scheduling it for 7pm Pacific (-0800 GMT) this Friday, and we'll see how many show up!

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
sounds good, that's 4:00pm EDT
I should be able to come unless something comes up
It would be 10pm EDT.

Dave
Site Administrator

yes, 10pm, got my time zones messed up lol
I suggest to make a scheduled meetings everyweek.
I have a request. Could someone be so kind as to copy and paste the content of the discussion after its conclusion? I'm not sure if I will be able to be there.

Thanks,

Ted
Hello,

Unfortunately I Didn't be able to attend the meeting this Friday, but I'll do my best to be there very Friday.
I had to ask something from Dave.
Would you please copy and paste the conversations on the meeting somewhere on the website, to make it available for everyone.

BTW, does the US adjust the time for daylight savings?

Thanks
Elias
I can email you the chat log, or anyone else who wants it, but I'm going to avoid posting it on the web. I don't want the chatters to feel like whatever they say will be put on display for the whole world.

Yes, we do adjust for daylight savings here, so for any country that doesn't, we'd actually be at -0700 now.

Dave
Site Administrator

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now