MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Vision Journal- I REALLY NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vision Journal- I REALLY NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!
so i'm quite a strange person. i've been procrastinating doing this because i'm scared to fail. but really that's bad becuz i'm going to stress myself out, strain and get no where. so i decided to kinda let it come to me and have people give me some support! it would be great to have encouragement, i need it so bad! sometimes i just feel so locked up about my vision that it seems there's no light and this is too good to be true.

so i had a cruddy night of sleep last night and a stressful day before that so my vision to day wasn't so good.
funny thing is 4 months ago or something when i found this i did it for 20 min over vaca and i used the computer a loooootttt. and i went back to school and my vision was better. i could tell becuz i was using glasses that were weak and i couldn't see some things on the board at a certain size from my back row seat. but then i was using them and i could see them! It was amazing! but then i think i got back into the rut and seeing other people in their bad habits and getting stressed out that i went back. now i'm not even sure if it was wholly real. so what do you think? do you think i got it in me?

there arn't any teachers in my area and i'm not really interested in driving a 1000 miles to get to one so yeah.... wiill you tell me what i'm doing wrong, how to gain and learn etc. this is all so new and just typing all of this out makes me happy and excited. though my goal isn't 20/20 right now, only to go to the damn eyedoctor and not be a 1000 times worse, do ya think i could do it? i think i just need to let go and experiment. Smile

wha'd you think of my story? thanks for everything! especially to david that made this forum. i think it makes everything so much easier! Smile
Maybe you haven't understand yet how Natural Vision Improvement works, well, it's ok.

Now, I have to tell you, you have so much fears, but think to your self about it. "Why I am worrying of everything?". Man, Let's things flow to the rhythm of life, don't worry of it will works or not, becouse your faith is more powerful than that negative thoughts "does not work, I'm no good, because have to happen to me?, etc" they're just example, but all are are associated with fear and guilt.

First, start working with it, stop thinking like that, change your bads habits thoughts. Instead be positive, it's demostrated that a positive thought is 1000 times powerful than a negative one.

On this website you have almost everything you need to know for improve your eyesight, I am also lazy. But you need to create the link with it, anyone will do it for you, so start today. you can regain your 20/20, why are you limiting to only "stop it from getting worse". You have all means to do it.

And remember anyone is guilty we're victims of victims. Wink
lordofthesun.
I agree with lordofthesun. If you really don't understand an exercise, there are plenty of threads throughout these forums that will make it very clear. I consistently go back to those threads again and again rereading every comment to see if I can catch something I missed earlier.

And you need to bring everything into perspective. Natural vision improvement isn't easy; if it was, we'd all have 20/20 vision within a week and optometrists would all go out of business. That said, it's not hard once you have all the right ingredients: knowledge (these forums help!), motivation (the will to try to better your eyesight every day), and faith (believing that you can do it). Then, you have to go out there and actually do it; through trial and error, you should be able to get on the right track.

I understand your fears about not improving and rapidly deteriorating vision, because I sometimes get into that mental state, but you really can't dwell too much in these fears. Your focus should be learning as much as you can about the Bates method, then experimenting with the exercises, and finally, practicing them every day. There's really no way around that "every day" part; you can't make a half-hearted effort and expect ANYTHING to change.

Again, these forums are a nice place to be and it's always nice to share experiences and ask questions. That's how we all learn.
Firstly. You can have perfect natural eyesight as soon as you relax using risk free natural ways that not only help you have better eyesight, but they are making you a better person and they provide deeper knowledge of yourself and others.
Also you have a potential of gaining the fancy 20/10 vision or the "superhuman" 30/10 vision. A good payback for those that laugh at your because of your glasses, and also good for getting girls. Wink
Also if you want to join the Air Force or the Army as Sharpshooter, this vision will help you very much.

Speaking the truth, what is working for other might not work for you and vice versa. That's why a Teacher is important, but you can go without one. You can always be the Teacher of yourself. No one knows you better than yourself. Wink
But going that way requires judgment . Without judgment you are failing to understand yourself. You have to face what is good on you and what is not, you have to be a bit harsh with yourself sometime.
"If someone believes he is stupid, he is actually smart, but the one believing he is smart is stupid." Being harsh with yourself gives constant motivation to be better.

Go to the friggin doctor. Don't be afraid of this b@st@rd.
When you have been cured, and you will have eyes so perfect that your average everyday vision will be 20/10, he will met true Dread...

What you need is i higher goal. You need a goal to believe on it and devote yourself in accomplishing it.
I wanted to lose weight for many years and i tried many times failing. When i realized my Army days are about to start, i have already lost 20kgs.

But before setting any goals, take a break. A few week or a month practicing nothing, not even look at a picture of Dr. Bates. This is a very important step and it can be very helpful.
Hi Guys,

First of all, try pinning a picture up of something that inspires you - I am going to start airline pilot training next year so I have a huge picture of a flight deck on my wall that I look at for inspiration each day.

Secondly, Ares I really like your 30/10 idea - I am determined to get better than 20/20 and am considering going to an teacher this month - mostly just to check Im doing everything right.

Don't lose your determination Smile - itwill be well worth it when you do get 20/20 or better vision Smile

Thanks

James Smile
i was palming and i decided to really just let things come to me and i was wondering if this is the way it's supposed to be. I just relaxed and thought about random things i could remember well and not focusing on my vision at all and my body just stopped being really tense and i felt as if i was so loose i could fall asleep. then i oped my eyes and say the chart much clearer! it was not at all 20/20 but more distinct and the lighting everywhere seemed to have more contrast and more intense. i blinked and it wasn't as good but it was still there and then i palmed before i could strain anymore and kept doing that a couple times and pushed back from my chart each time just to see the bigger letters and it was getting better and better! but then my mom walked down to my room and i had to stop and hide my chart. ah... myparents dont really... shall we say... believe

but is this the way palming should be?

i haven't begun seriously doing bates but i will now! it's so encouraging!

well i had an eye check today and it ended up craptastically. i have -4 both eyes. what does the whole cylinder thing mean? mine is .25?

whatever. my great goal right now is for it to be -3 next year. ahhhhhh that would be AMAZING. i don't shoot high that way i feel strained like i need to meet certain goals by certain times.

and what's up with the refractive state thing? sometimes it'll measure as say... -6 and then they see 20/50 on snellen. is their prescription still -6? i'm confused!
Are some of those lines copied from other posts? They look familiar...

The CYL I believe is a measure of astigmatism or something. 0.25 isn't much, considering that astigmatism is quite difficult to measure accurately. Mine is roughly 1.50 (1.25 left, 1.75 right), which is definitely something to be worried about.

For the goals, I would avoid setting a timetable, mainly for the reasons you stated. Your ultimate goal should be 20/20 though.

I did not understand the refractive state question. Perhaps you could rephrase it?
if your prescription is -6 but without glasses you see say 20/70, is your prescription still -6?

what i'm saaying is that although your naked eye acuity improves, will your technical refractive state change also?
apparently that's what it's like with sorrisi or something, she has reduced it but even though her naked eye acuity is MUCh better than before, her prescription is pretty much the same as someone else who sees.... say 20/600.

whatever. if i were like that, i wouldn't care. i would use an online eyechart and prove it to my parents and not care abt the damn glasses.
i hate appointments. as you can see

yeah i posted this already in another thing. sorry abt. that! Smile

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now