MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eye Doctors Suck.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye Doctors Suck.
i had my check and guess what! MY VISION GOT WORSE. now i haven't been really doing bates so i'm not saying i don't believe, it's just that now i know how much work i have cut out for me. i'm -4 both eyes and the lady was talking about BIFOCALS. ugh. whatever i'm not going to turn this into a rant into how much i hate the lot of them and want to toss them into hell, but i noticed something hypocritical of them.

they were using PINHOLE glasses. now if they didn't believe in anything other than the wonders of GLASSES! than they wouldn't use them right? anything have anything to say? some strongly worded phrases for eyedoctors? :Smile

but anyway i'm really upset and quite pissed off. :'(
It doesn't seem like I have to say anything bad about eye doctors; you've already covered that. But I felt that one thing is important here: you HAVE to make an honest evaluation of your own efforts. A few years ago, I half-heartedly tried the Bates method and sort of just thought it would magically fix everything, but in fact, I was only fooling myself. Eye doctors may not be right, but I've found that in some cases, they are fairly consistent in their errors. Yes, maybe your eyes got better, but if the refractor says otherwise, I find it difficult to come to the conclusion that your eyes didn't actually get worse. The correct approach here, in my opinion, is to spend more time on the Bates method. Years ago, it was more of a chore, which is why I didn't show any improvement and actually got worse. Today, it is an obsession, a hobby. I do it for fun. I do it for myself.

Please don't take this as a personal attack or anything. It's just that when I read your post, I was reminded of my past failures and was hoping that I could save you some of the trouble.

Hopefully, you'll continue to pursue natural vision improvement with the rest of us. Smile
i felt like giving up but i'm not going to. i think i'm on the right track, it's just that the check came up and i hadn't had enough time to improve etc.
i'm going to try! you know i reallywish one of you guys could live in my head and teach me and encourage. that would be verryyyy helpful.but then i'd get a diagnosis for psychosis. Wink
what did you think about the pin hole thing?
Well, these forums are as close as you can get to having someone in your head. Big Grin

I honestly don't know what to think about the pinhole glasses. Perhaps someone else has a stronger opinion.
So-called Eye Doctors want our money. They know that more and more people are nearsighted and that nearsightedness in general is getting worse and worse. They don't know why. But they spent a long time in college learning how to magically and instantly adjust the angle of incoming light so that it falls on each of the true foveas. And they can charge a lot of money for that, because people need to be able to see far away and even if they don't need to, they want to. So they'll pay whatever it costs. And every year or two those nearsighted people have to redo it all and get stronger, weirder lenses costing more and more money.
Now Eye Doctors are getting scared that soon more and more people will be able to afford the surgery for semi-permanent magic eyesight, which will decrease their Eye Doctor's income. Eye Doctors never had the time or curiosity or insight to investigate their client's assertions about clear flashes or anything - "Time's Up! Next Patient! I gotta get rich! Bates is a quack! I'm a Doctor! You're uneducated! It's genetic! You're crazy! I don't care what you say you saw! Time's Up! Next Patient!" etcetera. Sounds like a stressful, unnatural environment to me. No wonder we revert to uncontrollable poor vision when they 'test' us! Good people tend to do what authority seems to want us to do - which is one reason why so many criminals and psychos develop and retain normal eyesight: They don't care.
My eyesight and my control of it is improving, but I don't plan to go to another Eye Doctor until it is completely under my control. Soon, Wormtongue, very soon.... (JRTolkein reference). From Wikipedia: "With a flash of light, Gandalf struck him [Wormtongue] motionless, and convinced the king that he was not as weak as his adviser had made him out to be. Upon Théoden's restoration, "many things which men had missed" were found locked in Gríma's [Wormtongue's] trunk, including the king's sword Herugrim...."
Pin-hole effect isn't Bates, they can be perfectly explained by the law of optics. Unfortunately, some NVI people have been marketing them as such, or as something that would benefit the vision taking advantage of people's naiveness.
However, I have never heard of optometrists using pinhole glasses during examination. Can you explain how they were using them or what they were using them for?
I was in Pikachu's shoes once as well. Half-hearted effort didn't work, but lately I was able to get my motivation and begin to spend time at it. After 6 months, improved even by the optometrists measurements.
It is very difficult for me to reconcile why these doctors don't want to cure us. It makes me sad and upset to think that they are either not reasonable or really only care about the money or both. We all want to believe that there is some good in all human beings. My experience with the Bates Method vs. Optometry makes me lose all hope. :-(
@Andrea Major: I try to see the good in people too. Smile The way I see it, most optometrists aren't deceptive; they're ignorant. They either don't realize that such a method exists or they've tried it and failed. I would like to think that there are only a few truly selfish optometrists out there that denounce the Bates method for their own professional well-being.
In my opinion, it doesn't matter who has helped create this unnecessary mess of a world full of people with vision problems. As of now, everyone is equally responsible. If you want it to change, then do something about it. Smile
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Who cares if you have -4?
Why should you get about it?

I can have my eyes checked and have -10 and check them again and have -4. I do that all the time at will. Problem is i can't de-strain enough to make my vision normal.

Having -4 in examination room means nothing. You knew it was going to be that way. You knew your vision would be worse. Is natural to happen.
Your faith holds, that's the important.

Think about the good side. You "survived". Now no one is going to ask you to go the doctor for some time. You have your "enemy" where you want him. So, sit down and see.

You can even throw the glasses away, or find other "ways" to hide that you are having lower or no glasses.
Point is, when yo have strict parents, annoying teachers or bosses, or discouraging friend to keep them happy, and do what you want.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download