MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Finger Tapping- a weird observation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finger Tapping- a weird observation
I noticed something.
When a song is stuck in my head, I have a habit of tapping out the rhythm of the melody with my right hand on a table, and a steady "one two three four" beat with my left. Then recently I tried it the other way around and I really couldn't. My left hand had no problem tapping the melody, but my right hand had trouble not tapping the melody.

On this board we've spoken before about how the right brain is responsible for distance vision and the left is responsible for close vision, and I'm nearsighted. Since the hands are associated with the opposite brain hemisphere, does my tapping problem indicate that my left brain is unwilling to let go and let my right brain take over sometimes? Or am I really just overanalyzing?

I think I'll continue to practice tapping the opposite sides from what I'm used to, and see what that does.
Summon-Pretty-Peace Wrote:I noticed something. When a song is stuck in my head, I have a habit of tapping out the rhythm of the melody with my right hand on a table, and a steady "one two three four" beat with my left. Then recently I tried it the other way around and I really couldn't. My left hand had no problem tapping the melody, but my right hand had trouble not tapping the melody. On this board we've spoken before about how the right brain is responsible for distance vision and the left is responsible for close vision, and I'm nearsighted. Since the hands are associated with the opposite brain hemisphere, does my tapping problem indicate that my left brain is unwilling to let go and let my right brain take over sometimes? Or am I really just overanalyzing? I think I'll continue to practice tapping the opposite sides from what I'm used to, and see what that does.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_echolocation">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_echolocation</a><!-- m -->
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
Human echolocation is the ability of humans to detect objects in their environment by sensing echoes from those objects. This ability is used by some blind people to navigate within their environment. They actively create sounds, such as by tapping their canes, lightly stomping their foot or by making clicking noises with their mouths. It can however also be fed in to the human nervous system as a new sensory experience. Human echolocation is similar in principle to active sonar and to the animal echolocation employed by some animals, including bats and dolphins.

By interpreting the sound waves reflected by nearby objects, a person trained to navigate by echolocation can accurately identify the location and sometimes size of nearby objects and not only use this information to steer around obstacles and travel from place to place, but also detect small movements relative to objects.

However, in the case of human clicking, since humans make sounds with much lower frequencies (slower rates), such human echolocation can only picture comparatively much larger objects than other echolocating animals.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download