MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hi Bob

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Bob
I was just wondering how the vision improvement is coming along for you?

Rocky
Sorry I haven't been looking on the forum more guys, but if it's not one thing it's another. I've been sick all week, so I haven't felt like doing much.

Anyway, my sight, as far as the snellen chart goes has been pretty much at a stand still lately -- I average about 20/50 (out of my good eye), and can occasionally make out most of the 20/40 line.

It's really strange because I keep thinking that I see so many other things better than ever. I first I told myself it was just my imagination because my Snellen performance hadn't changed much, but now I don't think that is the case.

For instance, when I started all this there was a certain font used by my backup software at work that if I sat in my normal position I could hardly see, But last week, when I wasn't thinking about much -- and I was doing a back up -- I happened to look up and everything was a clear as a bell.

The same thing happened today when I was doing a backup. Yet my Snellen performance is the same as ever. Go figure.

I don't know if I just have great confidence with this backup software font or what. but you know, what comes will come. But it does show that snellen performance is not the end all of performance measuring.

Bob
Oh yeah, one more thing. Right now I'm still doing the Shift/Short Swing thing. Since I've been sick this week my time actually practising Bates methods has been pretty spotty, but it seems to be working for me -- at least when I do it.

Thought my Snellen performance at 20 feet hasn't changed much, I really do see better at closer distances. I notice it on more than just the backup software mentioned above.

And there are other things too. Like today as I was driving home from work (I was bad and did NOT have my glasses on) a car drove by me and I glanced at their licence plate. One of the number on that plate was an "8." as they got further and further from me that number 8 stayed in focus, but the letters and numbers on either side eventually became a complete blur.

When I began this process and I was still wearing my glasses (so figure I had roughly 20/20 vision with them on) I noted how far cars had to be ahead of me before I could not read their licence plates.

Well, this car, with the number 8, got just past that 20/20 point and that darn number 8 was still clear as a bell -- and the letters to either side were totally gone, no way could I tell what they were.

I then tried to see other car's licence plates like this all the way home, but never attained that success again.

I got home, looked at the Snellen chart, and couldn't make out the letters on the 20/40 line at all. It just one of those things.

Bob
guess it just goes to show... when you least expect it.... vision happens.....

time and again in the posts here, we all see that clarity happens in moments of relaxation.... therein lies the key.... do not "try" to see... just see.

be well,
jim

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now