MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Concentration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concentration
Hey guys just need some advice on how to deal with avoiding concentration. I am able to achieve relaxation when I am not reading. I find whenever I read I concentrate.

How is one able to process the information of the text without concentrating? My mind wonders but mostly because it is so boring. I never enjoyed reading anything, matter of fact I hate it. I would rather be a blue collar worker than in an office job.
In an Eyebody class with Peter Grunwald, he had someone read out loud to us who said he was a good reader. The guy read the words fast like he was in a race, and we could hardly follow him; he was boring like a pedantic professor. He was only reading the words, not the content, and admitted he often doesn't remember what he reads. Then Peter had him read imagining the meaning behind the words, and his reading came alive, much more expression in his manner. If the content itself is boring, this may not work for you, but it's worth a try. Note that you may have to read more slowly to do this.
Something else you might try is to notice the peripheral vision a bit, so as to take a bit of attention off of the reading. I have found some success with this.

I've also found that if you pay attention to whether your eyes are physically straining or not, you can eliminate the strain before it becomes a serious problem.
Hi,

I have 20/10 vision up close - I can read 1.5 point print from 14 inches, and I would be happy to help Smile

When I am reading, I will concentrate on what the words are telling me, build a mental picture of what is happening whilst you read.

I notice that my eyes just glide over everything up close. Try swinging just in the white underneath the line you are reading, and notice the swing, then eventually move onto the words and do that.

I wouldn't try to divert your attention off the words, just concentrate on what is happening rather than what is on the page (if that makes sense)

Any thing else? I will be happy to help Smile

James
That sounds similar to what Nancy said. I'll give it a try. Technically speaking though, imagining what is "happening" is just one way of diverting attention from what is being read, is it not? Smile

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now