MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
annoying bots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
annoying bots
@David, isn't there something simple you could implent, to preven bots from further posting? I think one opened a new thread, just to spread the holy word. Things could get rough, if they are allowed to achieve sentience.
T Wrote:@David, isn't there something simple you could implent, to preven bots from further posting? I think one opened a new thread, just to spread the holy word. Things could get rough, if they are allowed to achieve sentience.

The way to avoid bots on forums is to install a plug-in an-ti bot in the registration and then there will be code before submit the registration. David should go for it.

Best
There's a capcha code on registration. It seems to stop most of them. But I'll see what I can do about the rest.

It's amazing that there are people who get off on creating bots and viruses.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
One solution I've seen on forums against bots and other unwanted posters is having their first (1,2,3) posts suspended until verification. One post should suffice for this forum, because you can see a bot right away. After the post has been verified, the poster is free to post on this forum without further verification needed.

What do you think?
David - jacket250 appears to be a bot. It copied a couple of sentences from one of my posts and posted this (under Other Eyesight Topics):

jacket250 Post subject: Re: Working Towards A Neonatal Blur Theory Of Common MyopiaPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:52 am

Posts: 3 Just to post another idea regarding another probable source of neonatal blur which I thought of some months ago, and then came across some confirmation of on other medical websites

thats great

David, Home page; Atkins… One thing I’ve heard frequently is that “simple” carbohydrates like

Looks like a HTML or something got goofed up on your paragraph in the green box.
I had this problem on my site in the past; some kind of thing wont accept certain symbols... so makes other letters, symbols appear.
clarknight Wrote:David, Home page; Atkins… One thing I’ve heard frequently is that “simple” carbohydrates like

Looks like a HTML or something got goofed up on your paragraph in the green box.
I had this problem on my site in the past; some kind of thing wont accept certain symbols... so makes other letters, symbols appear.

Yes, I need to find a way to fix that. It's the character encoding. It's converting to the wrong one somehow, and in doing so it can't find replacements for apostrophes and stuff.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Ok, I got the characters displaying right on the blog feeds. Easy fix once I found out what to do.
Site Administrator

Ugh, Blogs! I find it hard to navigate the tools. Trying to get a pictures and videos slideshow but seems to only work if I upload all the pictures... again. Why can't just select all the pics, videos that are already stored in the blog gallery. Have to pay the $99.00 year fee for a supposedly upgraded version.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now