MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What do you think of my timetable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of my timetable?
Well this is my little timetable I drew up and I would really like some opinions on it Smile

This is what I'll do a day:

30 mins palming
Do back+neck exercises when I wake up
Blink whenever I'm reading
Do the exercise in which you stare at a letter or word far away from you can close your eyes and imagine it sharper then repeat. 10 minutes twice a day.
Please can someone reply, because I don't know if I should pursue it or not .. Smile
It's hard to give feedback on routines. Routines work for some people; they don't for others. It's a matter of personal taste. As for whether a routine is good or not, no one can truly tell you definitively whether it will or will not work. I think that you should try it out and see if it benefits you. You really shouldn't have to ask other people if it's a good idea to try it or not. Just go out and do it! It seems to me that you are afraid that you will waste your time trying something that doesn't work, but I can assure you from my own experience that failures may not be as fun as successes, but you learn nonetheless. When you learn that something doesn't work, you need to ask yourself: Why didn't it work? What should I change?
I guess, since you are just beginning, you can stick to your 'timetable' (even though I don't like the idea) & see for yourself if that works for you. If you do get bored of it, start randomizing the whole thing - without a fixed time, keep it to your liking.
usernamess Wrote:Do the exercise in which you stare at a letter or word far away from you can close your eyes and imagine it sharper then repeat. 10 minutes twice a day.
W.H. Bates stated quite a number of times in his publications that staring lowers vision. You shouldn't stare at anything at all, including a letter while doing any exercise. Instead of staring it's better to shift your gaze from one side of the letter to the other (and move your head along with the eyes).
Better Eyesight MAGAZINE, June, 1930, Stop Staring:
Quote:To break the habit of staring:
(1) Shift consciously from one part to another of all objects regarded, and imagine that these objects move in a direction contrary to the movement of the eye. Do this with letters on the test card, with letters of fine print, if they can be seen, and with other objects.

If you stare while doing the exercise you may though have little temporary progress in vision improvement, but it won't be significant until you eliminate staring.

usernamess Wrote:30 mins palming

Better Eyesight MAGAZINE, December 1924, Palming:
Quote:It is well to realize that palming may be done properly, or it may be done wrong.
If palming doesn't rest your eyes, if after palming you feel even worse then before it - then obviously palming is done wrong.

In fact, all exercises may be done in a wrong way and in a right way. If doing some exercise brings you strain - you're doing it wrong and it won't improve your vision. In such case you should read more (if it's possible) about the specific exercise to find out what exactly went wrong. If you can't find the answer - try to do some other exercise.
What worked for me was trying to do most of the "exercices" and learnig by trial and error. What produces relaxation works and what do no produce relaxation do not work.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now