MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Weaker glasses - astigmatism undercorrection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weaker glasses - astigmatism undercorrection
I have a problem with my weaker glasses because I did not correct the astigmatism and now my eyes are hurting and itching. I have high myopia (about -6.0 D in each eye) and astigmatism -1.25 D Right Eye -0.75 D Left Eye. What do you think must be the undercorrection on the astigmatism?
Thank you.
Just forget about the astigmatism for now. The trouble is with your imagination, not the undercorrection. It is normal to see distorted/multiplied, etc as your eyesight improves. But you will notice that this phenomenon is not occurring in the same meridian all the time, therefore it cannot be a fixed condition. Bates explains how to produce these effects by straining to see horizontally or vertically. But it is best to not pay attention to that. Even your undercorrected glasses, wear as little as possible or none at all if you want the quickest cure.
My astigmatism was about the same as yours and is now gone from the eye, which had the weaker and is about half in the other. The myopia also went down but only after practicing lots and putting the glasses aside.
Hi, I'm having the same issue. Just got weaker glasses with the astig removed completely. I've been getting some minor eyestrain but I'm quite determined to see it through. I'm hoping it will resolve itself with time.
In case this helps anyone, just wanted to post a quick update while I'm logged in --- my eyestrain from using glasses without astig is now pretty much gone. So don't be afraid to remove astig correction if you feel ready. My astigmatism was -170/10 before.
Hello! I´m at the same situation, but my astigmatism is about -6 on each side and I removed all the astig correction from my weaker glasses.
I don´t know if I should have downgraded for a half (as some people say) or if I´m right on removing all the correction. What do you think?

What are the best exercises to correct astigmatism?

Tks!
I guess it depends on how you feel with your new glasses. I had distortion in the beginning, which made it a bit hard to read. For a while I did consider going back to my old glasses just so I can do my job better/easier, but then I noticed the distortion was getting less by the day. So I stuck it out and now everything's fine. Your case might be different though.
Is it a good idea to get weaker glasses to improve your eye sight or would your eyes just adjust to another correction? Wouldn't going without glasses be the best way to improve your eye sight? That way you aren't retraining your eyes to vision that still isn't perfect because of the glasses. I can understand adjusting your glasses as your sight improves but not weakening the glass prescription to create a fake finish line or improvement.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now