MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
tears

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tears
i notice that every time i yawn i see better. I know that my eyes has tears and when i open my eyes i can see clearly for like 5 secs then when i blink it goes away. Do i have dry eye problems or is it just that the tears in my eyes acts like a lens that i can see through clearer?
Yawn is good for the vision because it relaxes the body and the eyes muscles. The imrove in one vision when he or she yawns it is due to relaxation as well as the extra tears that act like "provisory lens".
kevin913 Wrote:i notice that every time i yawn i see better. I know that my eyes has tears and when i open my eyes i can see clearly for like 5 secs then when i blink it goes away. Do i have dry eye problems or is it just that the tears in my eyes acts like a lens that i can see through clearer?
elevenoceans Wrote:Yawn is good for the vision because it relaxes the body and the eyes muscles. The imrove in one vision when he or she yawns it is due to relaxation as well as the extra tears that act like "provisory lens".
A very good observation, kevin913. Kayla and I have observed the same. elevenoceans is also quite right. Here is my analysis:
1a) Nearsightedness (so-called 'myopia' which just means 'closed eye' in ancient Greek) is in large part a result of unconsciously squeezing the fronts of the eyeballs - both with the eye muscles and with the surrounding orbits eyebrows, cheeks, etcetera.
1b) Squeezing the eyeballs creates a slight bulge, similar to the way balloons can be bulged. In this context the eyeballs are sort of like water balloons.
1c) Regardless of why we are unconsciously squeezing our eyeballs (trying to improve the disturbed tearfilm, glare avoidance, fear, attempt to see better, a desire to be on guard, anger at the outside world, etc.), when we stretch the surrounding orbits as happens with a good yawn, that squeezing is slightly relaxed, allowing the eyeball to momentarily relax and flatten the bulge back to a more normal round shape.
2a) Most nearsightedness also requires a constantly disturbed tearfilm. A continuous smoothing tearfilm is required for clear sight.
2b) Regardless of why our tearfilm is disturbed (blinking too hard, not blinking enough, stunted tearflow and myebonian(?) gland flow, subconsciously not wanting to cry, etc.) yawning opens the lids and allows for better tear flow, and blinking then smoothly spreads the tears over the cornea providing better and more uniform focusing power.

And then in a few moments we revert to our unconscious nearsight-producing ways: bad squeezing, bad blinking, etc.
And unfortunately there are other problems contributing to our nearpoint fixation, such as each eye having a different blur level, each eye pointing in a slightly different direction, the mind fixated on blur, etc.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now