MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Why do a lot of optometrists wear glasses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do a lot of optometrists wear glasses?
Don't know where this should go but since it has to do with optometrists so I guess it belongs here.

Every optometrist I've ever met in my life wears glasses. Can anyone tell me why?

By the way, I actually remember the last time I met an optometrist. He told me I should wear my glasses all the time, even when I'm using the computer! Glad I didn't listen to him Wink
It's funny because i noticed the same thing. My explanation is this: the matter they have to study in universaty is so complex,that they have to make an effort to understand.
That's my view.
The worst optometrist I ever had was fully cross-eyed. When I met her I instinctively thought: "Physician, heal thyself." On so many levels she neither saw nor heard what I was telling her about my vision experiences - she was completely closed off to me (and this was even when I still believed in glasses as 'cure' and had not found the Bates Method...). She was probably the type of person who had chosen to study optometry because she herself had had problems seeing - a noble choice, but it seemed flawed to me because the second quote that came to my mind was: "the blind leading the blind".
Really alot more people should be wearing classes if they care bout their sight. I optometrist just care more about it and get testet. More people should get their eyes checked.
NLP DK Wrote:Really alot more people should be wearing classes if they care bout their sight. I optometrist just care more about it and get testet. More people should get their eyes checked.
Actually this topic sounds like a set-up line to a funny joke. We should try and come up with some funny answers/punchlines to finish the joke!
NLP DK - I wonder what that stands for? "NoLightPasses Don'tKnow[Why]" or maybe "NewLaserProponent DefectiveKnowledge"? Another funny joke opportunity. Whoever it is (maybe a pseudonym of FredTheBelgianWaffler?), they're just another poor soul lost in the magic lenses (and soon even more magical surgery) they've accepted. Small-minded. Selfish. Weak-willed people. S/he 'cares' about other imaginary individuals' eyesight (the way a dog in the manger 'cares' about protecting an empty, abandoned barn) yet hasn't the insight to 'care' about the fact that 'myopia' has become an epidemic which is only worsened by the use of magic lenses and surgery. Like putting a bandaid on a MRSA infection.
I do think most folks should get their eyes checked regularly. If they know what to do with the info so that it actuallly benefits them then what a wonderful addition!

Doctor says, "You have -.25 diopters of myopia, let me get you a pair of glasses and add myself some income via your insurance." You choose whether or not you accept them, and then go learn how to fix your eyes.

Another case he says, "You have worn -10 diopter glasses for 2 decades and both retinas are torn. I'm scheduling surgery in 40 minutes. Please sign these papers." Get your implanted lenses and wish you had caught it earlier. No sense not being able to see at all.

One more. You had an eye gored by a bull and your other eye is sympathetically going blind, and will continue to do so until your bad eye is removed. Get it removed! Work on the other eye after you've recovered.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now