MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Do you see best in the morning?

Poll: Do you see best in the morning?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, immediately upon waking
14.29%
2 14.29%
Yes, a short time after waking
42.86%
6 42.86%
No, I see better later in the day
35.71%
5 35.71%
No difference
0%
0 0%
I don't know
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

We might get messed up results due to some people working night shifts or irregular sleep patterns, and who knows if they would have different answers because of it.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I don't know if sleep is affecting my eyesight, I have blurry vision, no matter how many hours I get of sleep, it remains blurry anyway until I start practicing. There is a difference between tired eyes and refreshed eyes when you wake up, so I guess that gives you the impresion that your vision have improved a bit. Anyway I've voted that
I usually see best in the morning a short time after waking; but also later in the day, when I've been reading a text for some time at a distance (as far away as possible), where it just starts to become blurry. Just after reading I get a very clear sight but only temporarily.
The vision sytem is not just one system that you can improve only with good visual habits or only with relaxation. The visual system consists actually of many subsystems that depend on each other, that is by doing so each subsystem can process much faster than if there would have been just one system. So by having many subsystems the vision gets FAST, and that is i.m.p.o.r.t.a.n.t to get a quick visual system. Now, as the sub systems depend on each other you need to get a holistic approach else you can try forever to get better vision, because one bad unsychronized subsystem will puzzle another subsystem such that there will be poor vison despite that there is nothing actually wrong physically with one very subsystem itself. It is the interaction that fails. You don't get the complete interaction working while sleeping. It is only by using your visual systems naturally that will lead you to perfect vision. That is why I get rather poor vision in the morning I think, but as I use my vision correctly my eyesight clears up during the day.
But, there will be no visual improvement without the night sleep, because it is of course an important part of the visual subsystem puzzle as well, or it is the foundation on which everything else can reset.
Yes,I see best in the morning.But afetr i blink my eyes a few times that vision is gone.Is there some way to keep it that way foreever?
I have to make a correction:

Since I stopped paying attention to how good (or bad) my sight is actually (and make too much effort to see clearly) and instead pay more attention to:
- have really relaxed eyes and not to 'struggle' against the blurr
- be conscious of the fact, that only in a very small point I can get really clear vision
- look at distant small points as often as possible and expect the surrounding area clear up too
I have more and more clear flashes during the day which, in the end, results in a clearer vision in the evening (especially when I watch TV - looking at small points...)

Before that, I noticed a really big difference in my vision when I am training my eyes (in good light I sometimes manage to read parts of the 20/25 line clearly) and my 'normal' vision during the rest of the day (which has undoubtedly improved a lot, but is still far away from 20/25). Withe the above described practice, it seems to approach...
Nini, I agree -- these 3 points are becoming my focus too. Well said! For me, what has to come even before this, though, is to be relaxed overall and grounded. I am just realizing now how I have not been, most of my life. I've been in various intensities of Fight or Flight and struggle mode, when I feel I have to pay attention to everything at once to survive. Now that I know this I can focus on calming myself even more. I wonder how true this is for other people who start with a very high prescription.
Nancy Wrote:I wonder how true this is for other people who start with a very high prescription.

It is very true for me at least - I found out, that I have the same 'pattern' of 'bad mental habits' as for my eyesight.
I wrote about this in another post:
Quote:there is definitely a connection between the state of the mind and the eyes.
My 'weak point' , which causes strain and stress in my mind - as in my eyes - is, that I always fight against the 'blurr'; that is to get everything organized and under control, to fit in the pattern or frame of my life; it doesn't have to be all perfect but at least I have to be sure, that I can handle the situation. I find it difficult to let the situation just be as it is and not worry about problems, for which there is no solution possible at the moment and to concentrate only in what happens here and now (concentrate in a small point of life). It therefore helps (my vision and my state of mind) when I just try to remember the way I looked at the world as it is when I was a child - not always comparing it at once with the world as it should be in my eyes. When I remember how I child can get 'lost' completely in a momentary situation and try to find the same 'look', I can really feel a burden falling from mind and eyes and feel relaxation (and improved vision) at once.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now