MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
chat room

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chat room
Still looking into this. There are a lot of shoutbox type things, but embedding a more functional live chat room on a site is more complex, and the one I used in the past is broken.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
where did you get your contact lens for the ortho-c
'

i have contacted mr yee and he does not supply them

i have been using the ortho-k system now for 2 years but lost 1 lens and read about this
so i would really to try them
Has web-cam chat room been discussed? Then we can all tell our experience, ask questions, see other people on the Forum!
Video conferencing might be a bit too techie to try to do at first, but maybe sometime in the future.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
How about an IRC chat room on FreeNode? I might be wrong but don't you just make up a name like #iblindness as a room and tell people to visit that? I could be wrong...
Pls consider all suggetstiopn theyre all good Smile
Make a page just for videos; we can make our own, (checked by David first before post it). Can also find the best on YouTube and place here. Post a picture of each Video with title and link; when click the picture it goes directly to YouTube. If we all post on Youtube, it will save space on this website. Can post before and after videos of our eyes movement.., test on the eyechart at home with a friend, describe different treatments...
Would anyone like to join me in the chatroom on November 4th 2012 around.....noon? I figure, instead of hoping someone logs into the chat room while your logged on, just have a meetup time, or multiple meetup times a week, scheduled at various hours of the day to help people in other regions of the world. I think the chatroom could be very beneficial if it were actually in use. I think there are enough members online at any point in time to make this work.

In any case, I'm going to be in the chatroom November 4th (a Sunday) at noon (Central Time Zone). I'll stay there about two hours. If anyone would like to join post a reply to let me know.

Edit:

I didn't realize that the amount of members online shown at the bottom of the forum home page includes non registers people browsing the site. Still, I don't think you have to be registered to log into the chatroom.
ted,

Yeah, I will be there! That's around 11 or 10 eastern time?

I have been trying to use the Chat room a few times with explorer and could not make it work. Tried Firefox this morning and easy! Didn't know it has video but now found it and seems I am hooked up ok. Send me a e-mail sometime before Nov 4th to test if we can see, hear each other.

If get some good conversations we should start recording them with screen recorder software such as 30 day free trial Camtasia. Emily C. Lierman, Bates made videos of the Bates Method in the 1900's. I have a couple men searching for it for me. Have a few leads. If I ever get the movie I will replay it live here and everyone can record it!
Okay, cool! Noon Central time is 1 pm Eastern time I believe. I will send you an email shortly.

I wasn't aware that video chat was possible through this chat room, but I'll see if I can get a hold of a webcam for it.

Awesome. I've never spoken in real time to someone else who practices vision improvement, I think this'll be "eye opening", at least for me. Anyone else want to join us in the chat room November 4th?
I'll make a reminder to stop in the chat room if I'm home.

Sunday, Nov 4th
10am Pacific
11am Mountain
12pm Central
1pm Eastern
5pm Greenwich Mean Time for international members

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/chat-room.php">http://www.iblindness.org/chat-room.php</a><!-- m -->

In the past when we've scheduled chats and I posted a big announcement at the top of the forum page, we got like 4 people at the peak. But 10am-noon is peak traffic time, so that's good.
Site Administrator

That's cool. D'you think you could post the big announcement for this one as well?
Hey Ted, I signed on 2x in last hour. Must have missed everyone. I can see myself in video so must be working ok.
I don't think anyone planned on joining until the 4th.
Site Administrator

Someone just asked me to accept but then nothing, just my face/video and no one's voice or video. Will stay on for a while. Want to be sure this works for the 4th.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now