MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What's the best method which has worked?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best method which has worked?
What's the best method which has worked for you guys?Palming,swinging or something else.I only know palming the right way.Couldn't get hold of other techniques.How long will i be able to see the results through palming and how long should i palm everyday?
In the intro pages of 'stories from the clinic' (E.Lierman) I found the following suggestion:

Quote:12. Palming is a help, and I suggest that you palm for a few minutes many times during the day, at least ten times. At night just before retiring, it is well to palm for half an hour or longer.

I only palm for a few minutes before I practice with the eye-chart, when I find it difficult to see the letters clearly, I palm again; also when I feel that my eyes are tired or strained I palm till it feels more relaxed.

The method which worked best for me is the practice with the eye-chart (a bit like Emily and her class-mates ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/perfect-sight-without-glasses/ch28.php">http://www.iblindness.org/books/perfect ... s/ch28.php</a><!-- m --> ):

Quote:I read Dr Bates and E.Liermans books (and in eye-training forums) and started with a very simple exercise to imrove the sight of my left eye in short time, which I would like to share with you:

In my laptop I tried to read the bottom line (20/16) of the eyechart enlarged to 100% in the distance, in which - after palming and relaxing my eyes - I just could get it clear enough to make out the letters, which was 70 cm in the beginning.
I marked the place, where to put the laptop, with a small piece of scotch an practised at that distance at least twice a day for one week. Then I pushed the laptop 10 cm foward for the practice of the next week and so on.
Now I have reached 1,40m, which is the double of the beginning distance - next week it will be 1,50 = 5/8 (feet, as the line is to be read at 8 feet = 2,40m for a normal sighted person - at 100% the whole chart is to be read at 10 feet).
During this short time, I could reduce my contact lense (which I was wearing only during a part of the day) from -4,5 (which was not really strong enough when I started training) to -3 and then -2,5. I tested my sight with a printed eyechart placed on the wall at 10 feet and could read all the lines. After that I stooped wearing contact lenses and instead wore spectacles attached to a string around the neck, which I only put on, if absolutely necessary.

During my exercises, my first aim was to relax my eyes, the improved sight I took more as an 'indicator' for a successful relaxation, I called it: 'my meditation with letters'. I always tried to look at a small point in one corner of the letter and waited till it cleared up. When I had enough time and concentration (mainly in the morning), I proceeded 3 letters forward and then 2 letters backward, again 3 forward....to see always the middle of the 3 best, as it it seen more often. When I was tired or didn' t have much time, I preferred to see only some of the letters very clearly - instead of going quickly over the whole line, more guessing than really recognizing the letters (which of course I know by heart now).
( <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.iblindness.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2073">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2073</a><!-- l --> )

In the meantime I could push my laptop to 1,70 m (with my weaker eye - tested -8 in February - I started only a few weeks ago at 50 cm and I'm now at 80 cm)
Now I use more and more the interactive eye-chart: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m --> ) to make sure that I really get the letters clear enough to read them.
Thanks.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now