MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Progress with 2.5 lenses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress with 2.5 lenses
I've made some progress in the last 2 months. .
I've been wearing reduced lenses at 20/40 and can now see almost 20/20 with them. I've been wearing +2.5 lens at work as I sit at the computer all day long.
I feel like pretty soon I can reduce my prescription again..   But I have to say this is hard and slow work. I wish I had known about this when I was a child with a lesser prescription..  My current prescription is now -4 and -4.75. 
p.s. I also do palming, eye circles and the long swing every morning. NOW if I can just finally stop staring when I am tense/stressed !
Dear Its-Me,

I agree with you!

It took me 10 years to find an OD who also "destroyed" his
vision with his "bad habits" and INSISTED that his
own children wear the plus -- BEFORE that minus.

It takes that kind of parent to solve this problem.

Steve Leung is doing it -- as the responsibility of
a parent.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chinamyopia.org">http://www.chinamyopia.org</a><!-- w -->

The minus lens (although impressive) is, in the
long-run, a very, very bad idea.

Bates was right.  If your Snellen is 20/70, and
you put on an over-prescribed minus -- in short
order your naked eye vision will be at 20/200.

So I say long-live Bates!  And let us use
Bates-prevention at that point, and make
it PERSONALLY effective.

Best,

Otis
itsme Wrote:I've made some progress in the last 2 months. .
I've been wearing reduced lenses at 20/40 and can now see almost 20/20 with them. I've been wearing +2.5 lens at work as I sit at the computer all day long.
I feel like pretty soon I can reduce my prescription again..  But I have to say this is hard and slow work. I wish I had known about this when I was a child with a lesser prescription..  My current prescription is now -4 and -4.75. 
p.s. I also do palming, eye circles and the long swing every morning. NOW if I can just finally stop staring when I am tense/stressed !

Well you know it can be very hard to de-stress yourself at those critical times. If you're spiritual, prayers can do a lot of good. When I go into a difficult or dangerous situation, I say "Surround me with the white light and guide my actions." It not only helps keep my vision clear but to keep enough composure to deal with the situation appropriately.

Of course, it also just takes a lot of practice in seeing well in easy situations before it translates into seeing well in challenging situations.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
That is so true !!!  <sigh>  -- 
" Of course, it also just takes a lot of practice in seeing well in easy situations before it translates into seeing well in challenging situations."

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now