MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My reduced RX finally arrived from Zenni Optical!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My reduced RX finally arrived from Zenni Optical!!!
After all of this time, I finally bought a pair of reduced glasses at -3.50 L and -3.75 R with my left eye at -1.25 cyl and 83 axis.... According to my OD, I only have astig. in my left eye but I severely reduced the RX he gave me because it was at -7.25L and -11 R(forgot the other numbers for axis and cyl since they're on my RX)... They don't hurt my eyes at all but they do feel tight around my head since they have the screws in so tightly.

I estimate to be about 20/50 - 20/70 with my reduced lens on... Haven't worn them as much yet but I will try.

Shipping was mighty fast...
Good to hear that Zennioptical does a good job.

At the price of $20 for prescription glasses -- is
is easy to experiment.

Best,

Otis
Mines only cost $18 total Tongue

Since I got the UV protection plus $5 for S/H

Only bad thing is my case was broken when I first got them.
Advantage Wrote:After all of this time, I finally bought a pair of reduced glasses at -3.50 L and -3.75 R with my left eye at -1.25 cyl and 83 axis.... According to my OD, I only have astig. in my left eye but I severely reduced the RX he gave me because it was at -7.25L and -11 R(forgot the other numbers for axis and cyl since they're on my RX)... They don't hurt my eyes at all but they do feel tight around my head since they have the screws in so tightly.

I estimate to be about 20/50 - 20/70 with my reduced lens on... Haven't worn them as much yet but I will try.

Shipping was mighty fast...

Personally I can't stand wearing anything tight, period. I don't wear glasses, but I can't even stand socks that aren't loose fitting. Anything tight will deform the given area of your body after a while, and I can only guess how tight glasses would affect your ability to relax your eyes and feel comfortable.

As you also might think about skipping the UV protection. Unless you're in the sun enough to get sunscreen, AND you're looking in the direction of the sun a lot, there's no reason you would need any UV protection. It's just marketing hype. Of course, while I'm on the subject, they're finally starting to acknowledge now that sunscreen causes more cancer than sun over-exposure.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Oh no I can't be tanned by the sun due to my natural pigmentation Tongue

But the glasses are tight only because they're new but once I put them on and wear them, they feel much better than my current RX. I have to wear glasses in order to be able to operate at my job but I don't need fully 20/20 vision.

The UV thing isn't for the sun but for when I'm on the computer since they supposedly protect from eyestrain but may just be a gimmick as you said.

I'm supposedly 20/400 according to my OD but I still go w/o my glasses all the time...
You seriously reduced your prescription by 3.75 and 7.25 Diopters?  And you can see 20/50 - 20/70?  I have a prescription of -8.50 and -9.00, and have been practising Bates for about 2 weeks now with no signs of progress yet. 

I figured with that reduction, you would have ended up 20/500 or 20/800 or something like that.  What would my uncorrected acuity be given my prescription?  Or do I need to test using the Snellen chart? 

I don't think I understand the relationship between acuity and diopters of correction, can anyone explain?
Dear Friend,

Subject:  APPROXIMATE relationship betweew visual-acuity
and a "prescription".

I have seen over-prescriptions by as much as 4 diopters!!!

That is how bad some ODs are in their measurements.

For this reaons it is impossible to establish ANY relationship -- if
and OD is involved.

I will post proof of this shortly under "None-bates methods".

For initial entry into myopia, the relationship is
that it takes about a -1.0 to -1.5 diopter lens
to clear the 20/50 to 20/70 line in most people.

And about -2.25 diopters to clear the 20/100 line.

But because the chronic errors of these ODs (they
love to "crank" in strong minus) I suggest the person
himself read his own Snellen.

Once a person gets a reduced minus -- he can
then determine his Snellen reading -- by
looking at his own Snellen.

Best,

Otis
bkowalski Wrote:You seriously reduced your prescription by 3.75 and 7.25 Diopters?  And you can see 20/50 - 20/70?  I have a prescription of -8.50 and -9.00, and have been practising Bates for about 2 weeks now with no signs of progress yet. 

I figured with that reduction, you would have ended up 20/500 or 20/800 or something like that.  What would my uncorrected acuity be given my prescription?  Or do I need to test using the Snellen chart? 

I don't think I understand the relationship between acuity and diopters of correction, can anyone explain?

There is only a very weak relationship between diopters and Snellen acuity, because it's measuring two different things, and sometimes there are known and unknown reasons why one person with a -2.00 prescription, for example, might see without glasses 20/50 and another sees 20/200. Not to mention how it can change over short periods of time.

I always suggest to people to pretty much ignore their prescription, as it bears no significance in improving vision, and if you let it, it can hang over your head as something implying a fixed state of vision and something that you can't even measure without going to the eye doctor.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Dave> I always suggest to people to pretty much ignore their prescription, as it bears no significance in improving vision, and if you let it, it can hang over your head as something implying a fixed state of vision and something that you can't even measure without going to the eye doctor.

Otis>  I agree 100 percent with that statement.  The DMV NEVER measures
a "prescription" or does a "refraction". 

And I know this "habit" of prescribing for "Best Visual Acuity".  The OD with
that "philosophy" will take a kid that passes the DMV at 20/40 and 20/50, and
BELIEVES that the child MUST HAVE very, very sharp vision.

So the put the kid in a dark room, use a poorly illuminated, or projected
eye-chart, and the kid winds up with a -1.5 to -2.0 diopter perscription.

That is the reason I so strongly recommend that the parent
check the child's Snellen BEFORE he goes to the OD.  If the
"over-prescription" is done, then the parent should:

1.  Ask questions.

2.  Consider Bates.

3.  Recognize this BVA "Habit" as profoundly destructive.
(As Bates made clear).

That is why I have an easy-to-use Snellen on my
site -- to make this step easy for all.

Bates is obviously a "do it youself", or help youself method -- and
I strong support the general attitude behind it.

So that is how we help each others -- to begin to
change this "system".

Just one man's opinion.

Otis

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now