MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Slow start - no changes so far after a week

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow start - no changes so far after a week
It has been one week since I started to palm, swing, shift.
I took my glasses off and so far I did not put them even once.
When my vision gets blurry I simply close my eyes and try to relax.

In addition I installed a swinging windows application on my pc so all my windows constantly move.
It is an interesting app that forces the eyes to work all the time.

I practice in the morning and at night and during the train trip to work.
At work I try to relax (close my eyes) every 10 min or so.

So far i did not get a flash of clear vision.

I also found this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleareyesight.info/id40.html">http://www.cleareyesight.info/id40.html</a><!-- m -->
to cure the astigmatism

anyone is familiar with above techniques?

I hope it will get better some day.
I want my first clear flash!!!

I also started to experience different crazy stuff when i go to sleep.
My brain thinks too much about seeing black, and tries to palm automatically and see letters when I go to sleep. Is this ok? Does not it put too much stress on my vision?

thx
I've noticed a weekly improvement (after 5 weeks,) so perhaps you're just a day or so away from a big step. What prescription do you have? The first thing I noticed was objects looking more three-dimensional and also highlights on shiny chrome or glass suddenly became much brighter. This kind of thing is easier to notice than looking for a change in distance vision IMO. Good luck Smile
my prescription:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/413/eyesspec.png">http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/413/eyesspec.png</a><!-- m -->

So far i noticed a lot of blur. It feels like my eyes vision is blocked by blur caused by something in my eyes.
I think the eyes are dry for some reason. Maybe because of strain due to lack of glasses?
Looks a bit different to how mine is written, but if I have read it correctly, you're -1.25 in each eye which is much better than I started out with. I've not been for any eye tests yet, so I don't know where I am now, but I started at L -3.50 and R -4.00.
blwegrzyn Wrote:In addition I installed a swinging windows application on my pc so all my windows constantly move.It is an interesting app that forces the eyes to work all the time.

I tried this many years ago, and I think it gave me a headache. You want to see stationary objects move, not moving stationary objects! The concept was novel, but I don't believe it's very beneficial to the visual system. If our visual system already under strain and torment, why add more to it. You'll have a real difficult time fixating on small points on the screen if it's jumping all over the place, and you won't be able to notice the natural oppositional movement, imagine the halos, etc.

blwegrzyn Wrote:I also started to experience different crazy stuff when i go to sleep.My brain thinks too much about seeing black, and tries to palm automatically and see letters when I go to sleep. Is this ok? Does not it put too much stress on my vision?

If you obscess over this stuff, it can easily add to your visual strain. Let you mind drift, on pleasant memories, and forget about your eyes and seeing black or anything. Too many make this work, laborious, and the object is to get relief from that under which we are already laboring - not add to it.
thanks for the input, I disabled the swinging windows and i will try to concentrate more on relaxation,
what about the link i provided for astigmatism, is it any good technique?
Hi blwegrzyn, looks like you are off to a good start! I'll try to answer some of your questions.

Any method (like the astigmatism wheel you linked to) may or may not work for everyone. I would suggest practicing it for a few days and write down your observations of what you see. You will observe for yourself if it helps you. In fact, that is how you can approach any of Bates's methods.

you wrote:
Quote:When my vision gets blurry I simply close my eyes and try to relax.

Does that help your vision? If it does, that is great, do it as often as possible, not just when your vision gets more blurry.

Do you have a Snellen chart or a calendar that you can look at daily? Some people don't get a clear flash, but experience gradual improvement to vision. For me in the very beginning I noticed my improvement because every day I could move a few inches further from the chart to read the top line or two (I started around 5 feet and found I could move back, inch by inch).

A chart is an easy way to get feedback about your vision. Read it every day for a week or two and just write down what lines you can read and note the lighting conditions and your distance from the chart. Some lines will be blurry and barely recognizable. Don't stress out about whether or not you are reading letters or just recognizing them, just write down what you see and the quality. You will notice that some days you see better or worse than others.

Over time, though, you will have a good idea of your visual range, and you will be more confident to use the chart to help you actually improve your vision. This is done by looking at the chart and just mentally noting what you see. Then you will draw your attention to relaxing in some way, whether through deeper breathing, a pleasant memory, or whatever. Then look at the chart again, at the letters that you read before. If relaxation has been successful, it should be easier to read those letters, see if they are darker or clearer. If after this, or during this relaxation, you notice that the letters are darker and clearer, then that is direct feedback that your relaxation was successful. It's not a competition to read the next line, or to read the lowest line ever in your experience. The point is to simply compare what you see before and after the relaxation. If you can read the next lowest line, that is great! But do not rush to do that, first look at the same letters that you could see before. With a little awareness of your thoughts and actions and vision, you will quickly notice what you do or think that makes your sight worse, and do that less. And you will notice what you do and think that makes your vision better, and do that more.

Doing this once can bring a slight temporary improvement to vision. Doing this every day brings permanent improvement (it's how I improved my vision).

keep going Smile

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now