MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
First Impression in regards to Bates method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impression in regards to Bates method
As I constantly learn and practice Bates, I also browse this forums a lot and I am noticing more negative feedback then positive results. Most of the people who practice Bates here, can get little better vision, or no improvement at all. From time to time I see some magic posts, but there is also a lot of disbelieve from the readers.
I don't see too many posts were people recovered completely. It feels like everyone believes in Bates and no too many know how to do it correctly to get positives results in some relatively short time. (6-12 months)
I start to believe by looking at the feedback from different people at different groups that it takes years to get the vision back and I wonder if this is not one of the biggest mysteries of the Bates method. It looks like it will take long time to succeed unless you can visit Dr. Bates in person?
Am I missing something. Could this be so hard to succeed?

I am not giving up at all, I just wonder if I did not get into some trap that will take me to nowhere?

thx

Bart
That's why I've been doing the blog posts and working to put something together for better instructional material. If everything written 90 years ago were good enough then I wouldn't be bothering with it.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thank you for your hard work, once its all unleashed , it will be a phenomenal.
I wonder, are there any Dr Bates like nowadays?
blwegrzyn Wrote:Thank you for your hard work, once its all unleashed , it will be a phenomenal. I wonder, are there any Dr Bates like nowadays?
Maybe one of the members who believe in magic and ghosts and wicca and ouija boards and auras and esp and transmutation and phrenology and tarot cards and astrology and entertaining stuff like that could try 'channeling' Dr. Bates!!! I'd tune in for that! I wonder what old William Horatio would have to say to us or about us?
O0
I have a feeling Bates was also a hypnotist on a certain level. Many great healers know how to hypnotize people into the proper state for changing of bad behaviors.
More likely, he was a de-hypnotizer. Also possible is that he was like the owner of Clever Hans: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.damninteresting.com/clever-hans-the-math-horse/">http://www.damninteresting.com/clever-h ... ath-horse/</a><!-- m -->
But instead of sending subtle, unknown-to-himself clues about how each individual could improve their eyesight, perhaps Dr. Bates actually unconsciously did something else - like perhaps he surreptitiously and unknowingly 'flashed' a bright light point (like a signal mirror) across the person's eyes, which can be shown to stimulate a flash of clear distance vision in myopes. Just to sort of 'jump start' the improvement....
Is it time to start thinking of nearsight fixation disorder (common myopia) as a Clever Hans Effect? But the myope is both the animal (Hans) and the owner (von Osten)! (compare Michael's idea of the 'Lizard' inside him: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://michaelslog.wordpress.com/">http://michaelslog.wordpress.com/</a><!-- m --> ) and read at least the two references below, and then think about it.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clever_Hans">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clever_Hans</a><!-- m -->
JMartinC4 Wrote:More likely, he was a de-hypnotizer. Also possible is that he was like the owner of Clever Hans: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.damninteresting.com/clever-hans-the-math-horse/">http://www.damninteresting.com/clever-h ... ath-horse/</a><!-- m -->
But instead of sending subtle, unknown-to-himself clues about how each individual could improve their eyesight, perhaps Dr. Bates actually unconsciously did something else - like perhaps he surreptitiously and unknowingly 'flashed' a bright light point (like a signal mirror) across the person's eyes, which can be shown to stimulate a flash of clear distance vision in myopes. Just to sort of 'jump start' the improvement....

I am almost ready to declare success. My eyesight is very nearly normal. Thanks to all of you, to Dr. Bates and his followers, and to every normal (and abnormal!) sighted person I have purposely interacted with. It's an incredible journey.
Clever Hans was a horse, back in the late 1800's Germany. Its owner, Wilhelm von Osten, thought he had trained the horse to perform complicated math problems. Only a double-blind study revealed that in fact Wilhelm was unconsciously sending subliminal cues to the horse by which the horse performed the actions it thought/knew that its owner was looking for. Herr von Osten never believed it though; he remained convinced of Hans' un-horselike brilliance.

Maybe my visual system is like that horse. It thinks the correct answer that I am unconsciously always looking for is fixation at the nearpoint. My visual system is not as smart as Clever Hans was, but I am smarter than Wilhelm von Osten was - or at least more honest with myself. The inescapable fact of flashes of clear distance eyesight has been gradually leading me down the path to retrain my visual system to perform more like a normal visual system (instead of - what? a shield? a blanket? a blurry window?)
JMartinC4 Wrote:Is it time to start thinking of nearsight fixation disorder (common myopia) as a Clever Hans Effect? But the myope is both the animal (Hans) and the owner (von Osten)! (compare Michael's 'Lizard' inside him idea: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://michaelslog.wordpress.com/">http://michaelslog.wordpress.com/</a><!-- m --> )
and read at least the two references below, and then think about it.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clever_Hans">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clever_Hans</a><!-- m -->
JMartinC4 Wrote:More likely, he was a de-hypnotizer. Also possible is that he was like the owner of Clever Hans: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.damninteresting.com/clever-hans-the-math-horse/">http://www.damninteresting.com/clever-h ... ath-horse/</a><!-- m -->
I am almost ready to declare success. My eyesight is very nearly normal. Thanks to all of you, to Dr. Bates and his followers, and to every normal (and abnormal!) sighted person I have purposely interacted with. It's an incredible journey.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now