MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Problem With Improving Vision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem With Improving Vision
Okay, so I am having difficulties in improving my vision fast enough..

I started the bates method in June (so it's been around 3 months) and been doing it by following the instructions in the book "Relearning to See" by Thomas Quakenbush, Bates original book and other info from the internet.

I started with about 20/100 vision (with both eyes opened) and after only 3 days of relaxing my eyes and following the bates method my vision improved to 20/80 vision.
I was very excited by the results and did it every day and every second since then.

After 2 months of not using glasses at all and relaxing my eyes 24/7 I didn't make any further improvement in the snellen chart but noticed the world getting clearer and clearer and also making my constant tiredness disappear, and could stay awake till 3 a.m. without feeling the need to go to sleep or even yawn.

But then 3 weeks ago my vision finally improved to about 20/70 - 20/60 and I was very much excited,
the T.V. started to became readable and my night vision became good enough to not make me feel like a blind man at night.

In conclusion I can say that the bates method does work and you could call this a "success story", but the problem is the fact that the improvement is very slow and despairing and my "mild vision" is still not good enough to live with and is not close to my 20/15 vision (with glasses) ...

So after this long story I would like to know first if my improvement is fast or pretty slow and also I would be happy if you gave me some of your tips on how to make it an even faster process...

Thanks for taking time and reading my story ...
This might not be what you want to hear, but since it sounds like you taught yourself, I think your improvement sounds pretty good for a 3 month period.

Wanting to speed it up too much may cause strain and slow you down.

My suggestion would be to simply keep doing what you are doing, and your eyes will continue to improve. Does it really matter how fast, as long as they are getting better? Just food for thought, it may help to relax you.

One thing that might help will be if you take notes on what has helped you most, and to teach other people close to you what you have learned. Be open to also learning from the people you teach. Having people to practice with or a teacher can help a lot.
Well, I was afraid that you will say that, but looking from the time and thinking I put on doing the best I can on improving my vision, it doesn't surprise me..
Anyway I think you are right in what you say and I for sure will keep doing what I've been doing, maybe this time with reduced prescription and maybe actually teaching and learning from friends might actually help me improve even further.

Thank you for the response.

P.S. I would like to see more responses from other people as well..

edit: Thank you I'm doing my best! (for the comment below)
you really have done a great job by the way! I think I forgot to write that!
Well 'sorrisiblue' I suddenly thought about something that made me curious:
How come you improved from 20/800 (5/200) vision to 20/50 in one year and in the same amount of time it took you to improve your vision from 20/50 to 20/40 (10/20) ?

So my question is actually- when you improve vision, does the right number from the snellen chart decrease more slowly the closer you get to 20/20 vision, considering that the left number is always '20' ??

I hope someone can actually answer this one cause it could either explain the pretty slow improvement of my and 'sorrisblue' vision at this close to end part of our mission to 20/20 and the fast improvement from 20/800 to 20/50..
If you're stuck in a 20/40 to 20/80 rut (as I was for 30 years), you're probably going to have to follow the path I have tread out over the past two years. It works. Review everything I've written, sequentially.
Hi Aquila,

I improved a lot in the first year because I practiced a lot!

That's why I tell you to keep going Smile

Then I stopped practicing so much because I am working on a PhD and I have been very busy and extremely stressed out. So my improvement since 2008 is at a pace that you might expect if you practice sporadically. Therefore, I would not say that vision improvement slows down as it gets closer from 20/50 to 20/20. Some people improve that much within a few months.

be careful to compare progress with other people, because you don't know how much they practice, what they practice, and if they practice correctly! I think I need to update my signature here, it gives people the wrong impression of what's possible.

cheers, sorrisi

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now