MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
more article authors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more article authors
I haven't forgotten about the suggestions for a WordPress backend to let some designated people write articles for the site. I haven't wanted to do it because I know I wouldn't agree with everything people wrote, but I'm thinking it may work out after all, as visitors would see who the authors are and understand that everyone has different ideas and decide for themselves who to read. It would create new content for the site and bring in more traffic.

I was thinking about this when I started my blog, like maybe having additional authors too. I don't know exactly why I decided to just feature people's blogs on other sites instead. Do you know of some other informational site that does something like this with multiple authors that I can take a look at and get ideas for the format of how things are organized and featured?
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I have a question along these lines actually. Would it be fine under the success stories section to have somewhat of a blog tracking my vision improvement from beginning, to the present and then future? [I just want to double check with you as it seems to be a no-brainer, but I just want to be sure that it's fine with you (it also kindof matches with your thread here).] Thanks!
David Wrote:I haven't wanted to do it because I know I wouldn't agree with everything people wrote, but I'm thinking it may work out after all, as visitors would see who the authors are and understand that everyone has different ideas and decide for themselves who to read.

What about letting other people write articles, and then you can dump them into three buckets (or use flags)? Bucket 1: stuff you agree with; Bucket 2: stuff that is wrong; Bucket 3: stuff that you don't want to take a stand on or haven't read. That way, people can see various approaches (right or wrong) as well as know what you think is correct.
FIAT2LUX Wrote:I have a question along these lines actually. Would it be fine under the success stories section to have somewhat of a blog tracking my vision improvement from beginning, to the present and then future? [I just want to double check with you as it seems to be a no-brainer, but I just want to be sure that it's fine with you (it also kindof matches with your thread here).] Thanks!

Sure, that sounds fine to me.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Sean_Augensicht Wrote:
David Wrote:I haven't wanted to do it because I know I wouldn't agree with everything people wrote, but I'm thinking it may work out after all, as visitors would see who the authors are and understand that everyone has different ideas and decide for themselves who to read.

What about letting other people write articles, and then you can dump them into three buckets (or use flags)? Bucket 1: stuff you agree with; Bucket 2: stuff that is wrong; Bucket 3: stuff that you don't want to take a stand on or haven't read. That way, people can see various approaches (right or wrong) as well as know what you think is correct.

Well I'm not really concerned about that anymore. That's just the reservation I had before. I'm concerned more about how best to lay out the content on the pages. News sites do that type of thing with multiple reporters, but their nature is breaking news, so old stuff isn't so easy to find again.
Site Administrator

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download