MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Astigmatism and looking at lines or following the string

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astigmatism and looking at lines or following the string
I have read in many places that for astigmatism it is good to do:
- string exercise (string with beads) by looking at the beads in different order or head tilt
- line exercise (simple printed lines) by following the line at looking at blur caused by top down vision

I noticed when i do string exercises i don't see too much of the difference. (at least so far)
In case of line exercise i see the lines doing different things: changing brightness, moving, jumping, disappearing, blur.
Usually i am noticing that by looking at one line I can almost remove all blur or double vision, but if i look at another the i have to start over. I am never able to go from one line to other with so so clear vision.

Why above work? (if they do)
Can anyone explain what is the magic behind those two?

thx
I've tried various exercises and the only one that really helps me is to look at the astigmatism wheel (3 lines: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleareyesight.info/id40.html">http://www.cleareyesight.info/id40.html</a><!-- m --> ); from different distances and spend a little more time on the blurry parts.
Especially after reading or doing eye chart exercise, I often have strong double images; after this exercise it is much better.
It if works, then I will certainly try it. However, I was sure that if I manage to relax my eyes enough, it will go away on its own, just like myopia. Right now it seems to be my biggest problem.

What do you exactly do to get rid of it and why do you think that this circle thing is better than the eye chart?
When I look at the wheel, some of the lines are clear, others blurry because of multiple images. I concentrate on the blurry lines and follow them from one end to the other (each one of the triple lines seperately) passing by the center, untill they clear up - which doesn't take long. After this, when I look back to the eye chart, letters are much clearer, less double images.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now