MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Need help overcoming panic of clear vision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help overcoming panic of clear vision
Hello guys,

I recently have had some vivid color flashes, real life 3D effects, and clear flashes, but I've been plagued with terror of actually seeing clearly. I want to see clearly, but then when I get closer, I become afraid and lose the flash. Not all flashes stop because of this, but it is a common problem. Any ideas on how to squelch the fear so I can make progress?

Thanks!

Edit: It's hard to relax when plagued with the terror of actually succeeding.
Fiat, congrats on your honesty. I think more people have this than want to admit. If it were me I'd use EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique, tapping on acupuncture meridians) to loosen up the energy, while saying something like "I really want to see clearly!", then "No I don't!" and tapping for a few rounds, noticing what feelings or memories come up, then work with that. Also journaling about the experience often helps me process it. I'll be taking a weekend workshop in March with Carol Look, the EFT Master, ironically about achieving clarity in your life. I intend to work on vision issues then, some similar to yours, and also on why I don't always use the healthy vision habits. Keep us informed of your progress, please.
I'm also noticing more and more spontaneus clear flashes. They occur when I'm not even aware of that possibility. I sometimes "blink differently" for once and I get 20/20 clear flash. This also somewhat stuns me but in positive way, when I got flash the smile is coming to my face and I think "That's what I'm talking about!". Try to just enjoy the sight and don't think of losing it, it will of course fade but without bothering you will have a easier time to recall this unique (well only for myopes) state.
Skywalker Wrote:I'm also noticing more and more spontaneus clear flashes. They occur when I'm not even aware of that possibility. I sometimes "blink differently" for once and I get 20/20 clear flash. This also somewhat stuns me but in positive way, when I got flash the smile is coming to my face and I think "That's what I'm talking about!". Try to just enjoy the sight and don't think of losing it, it will of course fade but without bothering you will have a easier time to recall this unique (well only for myopes) state.

It is unique for myopes isn't it? (grin) That's a good idea of viewing it with a positive thought process instead of a fearful one. Thanks!

Nancy, I still need to actually delve deep enough into EFT to see how to do it, but once I do, it sounds great!
FIAT2LUX Wrote:but I've been plagued with terror of actually seeing clearly. I want to see clearly, but then when I get closer, I become afraid and lose the flash. Not all flashes stop because of this, but it is a common problem. Any ideas on how to squelch the fear so I can make progress?

I think it is important to acknowledge any feelings that come up around our vision. I can relate to your thinking here. I often get panicky when my vision takes a marked turn for the better. It seems, for me, that there is the fear of losing the improvement but more significant is that I'm not used to being that present and it stirs up trauma around the time when my vision started to consistently blur. It's like by never at that time learning to relax enough to let my eyes readjust, I inadvertently lock away the anxiety that I was experiencing at the time. For me that anxiety was from an unfriendly school environment that I responded to with largely ineffective coping methods - going more internal, shutting off, worrying, isolating and not taking proactive actions.

Meditation in any of its myriad of forms seems like a great antidote to letting these strong feelings go unprocessed. Then it is up to our own stick-to-it-ive-ness to practice correct eye habits until we get results. : D
Otto, good insight:
Quote:...there is the fear of losing the improvement but more significant is that I'm not used to being that present...
For me if I'm really present there is no place to hide, which is very scary -- I'll have to deal with whatever presents itself (and whoever). I'm very slowly learning that being present is the safest place to be. This is a big change for me and not natural or normal or comfortable yet, but I recognize that it's needed.
To just add a little to that positive thought process - I wouldn't even go so far to say that it is a 'unique state.' The person w/ normal sight is no different, except that they are able to maintain their clear flashes more continuously. Everyone, no matter how perfect the sight, is prone to temporary spells of imperfect sight under certain conditions.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now