MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Wearing reading glasses (worse or better)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing reading glasses (worse or better)
Hi, I have myopia and I have been told to wear reading glasses (+1.0) diopter when reading. My question is, does using reading glasses make the myopia worse or better?
while reading seems will seem blurrier than normal, but in the long run this will improve your vision. plenty of research out there to back this up. it works.

be well,

jim
I have been researching this for a quite some time now, and so far, from the evidence I have found, from both pro bates and optometrists, it is suggested that reading glasses are used when performing close work. I just want to be extra sure.

I came upon this article today: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://schwerdfeger.name/articles/pluslens.shtml">http://schwerdfeger.name/articles/pluslens.shtml</a><!-- m -->

I thought it was an interesting read, and wondered whether anyone her has experimented with plus lenses. I brought +1 lenses, whether they are enough or not I am not sure, but I plan to use them for computer work, considering that most of my time is spent in front of one.
i've used, and continue to use plus lenses. my vision has improved. i cannot say if the improvement is due to any one specific thing i have done. i incorporate several things in my approach to vision improvement that are not purely Bates.

i guess i'd say.... there is nothing out there showing that plus lenses can make myopia worse, so.... what the heck... go for it!

be well,

jim

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now